Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Crashing AmiBroker
Author Topic: Crashing AmiBroker (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mlsignups
-Interested User-

Posted: May 17, 2006 06:22 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
2 Things.

1. In March I put up a post about the speed of the backfill compared to Esignal and other sources. You acknowledged the issue and said it would be among top priorities to fix. Any progress?

2. More importantly.... In AmiBroker in addition to having a stock displayed in the main window you can build a scan which runs through a watchlist looking for a signal. I have managed to write some code that when run w/ IQFEED crashes AmiBroker. It does not Crash when I run the code w/ Esignal (which I'm trying to get rid of but so far you arn't making it easy...). I was running a trace routine and so far the only thing I can find is that at times while the scan is running (and sequentially filling or backfilling a series of tickers) and I click on the active window which causes this to refresh it's data - the two seperate requests for data (one from the scan and one from the main window) seem to get confused and I get information in the scan that should have been sent to the main window. I don't know if you can understand this but it is clearly some problem with how AmiBroker and IQFEED are pulling in data during a scan. I'm hoping you can talk to AmiBroker as I've sent them multiple messages to see if you can resolve the issue.

Mike

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 17, 2006 06:56 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
Mike,

I will see if we can work with Tomasz to figure out what may be going on.

As to the speed, we have a build of IQFeed in QA that should improve the speed depending upon how much data is being accessed. For pulling tick, or one minute data, the speed could improve by up to 70%. If only pull a few days of, say, 5 minute data, the increase won't be noticable. The speed difference is most noticable pulling tick data or pulling 1 minute data in large quantities. Hopefully we can get it fully tested in the next week or so and get it out the door.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:50 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003