Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Basic Backfill Question
Author Topic: Basic Backfill Question (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

optional
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:29 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I signed up for the basic IQFEED service demo, I am trying to get backfill 1 minute bars for a futures contract. The product information page says that it is available for 1.5 years historically. I only need to get the last 5 days.

I am using Excel.

Thanks in advance

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:39 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello Optional,

Unfortunately, using Excel alone, there is no way to retrieve historical data with IQ Feed. You will need some way to view the historical data. If you prefer to stick to Excel and the DDE linking, I would reccomend a product called XLQ, it will allow you to retrieve the historical data you need to display in Excel. Otherwise, you may want to try DTN IQ or a third party software along side your Excel.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets

optional
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:57 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
I'm willing to consider anything that will just get me the data in some text or XML format. Lightweight as possible, since I'm really just shopping for a data feed.

I have to say, that having to add a 3rd party application to your data feed to get the data feed makes me feel somewhat confused.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:03 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Just to clarify this a bit. It should be possible to retrieve historical data from IQFeed into excel using VBA. However, this is not supported unless you are subscribed to the developer API service.

As Sarah mentioned, our DDE app that feeds data into Excel, only supports realtime streaming data. If you are not looking to develop your own method for retrieving the data, XLQ is developed by one of our API customers and does offer this feature.

To further clarify "what IQFeed is". Simply put, it is a datafeed. We do offer a DTN client application for IQFeed as well (DTN.IQ) but it is not required to use the datafeed. There is a wide variety of other 3rd party apps that support IQFeed as well and you can use any combo of these to get data in whatever format/display you are needing.

If you are wanting to write your own app to process the data from IQFeed, you will need to subscribe to our API service.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 3:48 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003