Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »ProphetX Support »Ticker Symbol Changing Itself on the History Snap
Author Topic: Ticker Symbol Changing Itself on the History Snap (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

pdorman
-Interested User-

Truth is a three edged sword

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 09:01 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
I have noticed when using the History Snap page when I change a Date, most of the time the Ticker Symbol replaces itself with the symbol from two lines below. This is quite annoying as I then have to retype the ticker symbol, which many times requires looking the symbol up once again.

I am using this version of ProphetX
Build: 3.4.1.38
Windows NT Version 5.1 Service Pack 2
User: pdorman@XXXXX.com
Server: PX6_23- (XX.XXX.XXX.XX)
Port: 20001
Version: 3.05.120R
WhoID: 0x5e3f
Frou: 23
Server Feature Mask:6

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 09:08 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have tested this out, and am unable to duplicate the issue. I am wondering if it is related to certain dates or symbols, is it possible for you to list the dates and symbols you are requesting?

Kind regards,

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets

pdorman
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 09:43 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
Sarah, thank you for looking into this.

I have attached screen shots of what i have been using.

The Symbols I am using are

MTBTETPRO:A

MTBOEMX:A
MTBNOTPET:A
MTBNOTPRO:A
MTBNOTISO:A
MTBNOTNBT:A
MTBNOTNGA:A

GRPMAPETHIW:A
GRPMAPPROIW:A
GRPMAPISOIW:A
GRPMAPNBTIW:A
GRPMAPNGA:A

There are Blank Lines on rows 2 and 8, and I start normally with Yesterdays Date, and change it to todays date.

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:16 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Hello,

I have duplicated your setup, and I am curious as to what time of day you switch the date to today's date. You will not see any data with today's date until the next trading day starts. When you switch the date, are you only doing so in the top row, or manually changing the date on all rows? I was able to change the date from 03/25/2008 to 03/26/2008 without any ticker symbols moving around, however, as 3/26/2008 is not yet history, there is no data.

Are you able to change from a date, say 3/20/2008 to 3/21/2008, without incident? I am wondering if the problem is switching to a day that is not in the history database yet. I am still attempting to duplicate the issue, so any details you can provide will be helpful.

Sarah

pdorman
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:21 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
this moring (8:25am CDT) I changed the Dates from the 24th to the 25th, and the symbols replaced themselves.

Were you able to pull up the attachement? I can't see if it attached or not from the posts.

pdorman
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:27 AM          Msg. 6 of 8
I just noticed one other thing, The issue only seems to be occuring on Symbols that I entered saved, then shut down ProphetX (as I would each evening) then reopened(as I would in the mornings). So to duplicate you will likely have to save the file close the program then reopen it before changing the date.

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 11:22 AM          Msg. 7 of 8
I was not able to pull up the attachment. Go ahead and email it to support@iqfeed.net if you like, but I was able to duplicate the problem. I was changing the date from 03/25/2008 to 03/24/2008 when they started swaping places and even deleting some symbols. I am having this looked at now, and will let you know what I hear.

Thanks for your patience,

Sarah

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 02:46 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
It looks to be a bug with the OPIS symbols only. We are working on getting the corrected, however, that generally takes a bit of time. In the meantime, I suggest simply copying your symbol list into a new history snap window with the new date, rather than just changing the date. This seems to be the simplest work-around for now.

Thanks again for your patience,

Sarah

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 6:09 AM CFBB v1.2.0 0 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003