Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Summary performance
Author Topic: Summary performance (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

adrian
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 09:05 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
In the morning, I submit about a dozen subscribe requests. (I'm really only interested in getting the Summary message, if that matters.) According to my logs, it is taking 25 seconds from when I submit the request to when I get the first summary message!

Is this expected behaviour? What can I do to speed this up? I could accept a 0.5-1 second delay but 25 seconds is far too long.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 09:14 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Adrian, I agree, 25s is far too long and certainly not expected behavior.

The first thing we need to troubleshoot this is to confirm that the issue is with the feed itself and not a problem in your application.

The first step to determine if this is the feed or your app is to isolate your app from the issue. I recommend using the developer tools (an example app or the included WatchQuote App) to see if the problem exists there as well (without your app running at all).

Let me know what you are using to test this and let me know the results.

Note, you can also email developer support any information that you would prefer to not post on a public forum (or if it is easier for you).

I am also available in chat (accessible via the web site after you have logged in) during normal business hours.

adrian
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 09:24 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
You're right, it's probably my app, no question. IQFeed has been great which is why this surpriseh me so much. I asked expecting this answer but figuring it was the easiest thing to rule out. I'll run some more tests and let you know if I need more help. Thanks Steve!

adrian
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 10:43 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Tests with a new app and even with the problem app during the afternoon shows that I'm getting the summary message in <1sec (100-300ms). I'll try running some tests on Monday at the open to see if that changes anything.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:20 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003