Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Socket Interface Documentation
Author Topic: Socket Interface Documentation (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 04:27 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Where can I read or download the socket interface documentation?

I searched the IQfeed, but only found the quick start guide which wasn't really helpful
I intend to use it under Wine / Linux, so if anyone can also share examples in Perl or Ruby, that would be great too, as I will also be learning socket programming as I go

From what I collected online, I believe I will connect to a socket on the loopback IP 127.0.0.1 and port 5009.

And that I should be able to send messages to query the feed, so I believe the documentation should include the message formats like how to specify a symbol or symbol list, a date range, how to request for delayed vs historical vs real time, does this detailed documentation exist somewhere?

Thanks,
AMS

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 05:48 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
The full documentation is only available to registered developers. The IQFeed API service is $300 per year and includes sample applications/source-code, full documentation, direct support from our developers and early access to upgrades for testing (to ensure changes we make doesn't break your application).

I will say that if you are learning socket programming, IQFeed may not be a good place to start. Processing thousands of messages per second off a socket isn't trivial. In order to write applications to IQFeed, we recommend that you are proficient in socket and multi threaded application programming.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 03:50 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thanks Jay for your prompt reply.

I just installed IQfeed under Wine/Linux, it seem to work, I was able to

> telnet localhost 5009

which i took as a good sign, it keeps sending records that look like this thought

T,20110226 16:23:14
T,20110226 16:23:15
T,20110226 16:23:16
T,20110226 16:23:17

I am not sure what this mean.
I hope I didn't break anything! If you can explain this please do

The next step for me would be to buy the developer registration to receive the full docs, I think I would need anyway no matter which route I decide to go

thanks again.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 04:03 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
You definitely need to register for the developer docs. What you are seeing is the regular time stamp from the client. So, what you are seeing is a good thing... you have a good connection.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 7:55 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003