Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Don't need the Developer support/examples etc
Author Topic: Don't need the Developer support/examples etc (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 01:52 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting the IQFeed for use with my own custom made client. I will be able to write the code my self to hook up to the server using sockets etc. Does this mean I can just purchase the feed, I don't require the following

"The DTN IQFeed Developer area is a subscription only area. In exchange for $300/year, DTN will provide unlimited email support, free documentation updates, sample apps and notification of any changes to the feed specs. DTN does not provide its feed specifications or samples applications to unregistered developers. "

Regards

Mark

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 03:16 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
There isn't currently any restriction to you launching the feed using another app and then connecting and requesting data. We have discussed adding a restriction but it is not yet in place.

With that said, there are quite a few hidden benefits to having an API subscription that will make your life much easier when using the feed.

Being a Registered Product - This means that your app won't have to rely on another app to launch the feed. It also means that it will be easier to troubleshoot problems that might exist.

Documentation - The documentation details each field in each type of message. This means that you don't have to figure out which fields go with what data. It also means that you won't have any information about the fields (like calculations and whatever else).

Support - This is probably the best reason for someone to be a registered developer. Registered developers get support directly from the developers of IQFeed. We wrote the code and know how it works. In the event that something isn't working as expected, we can dig into it and figure out why (and fix it if necessary). If you have a question about the documentation or anything about the feed, we can answer it. And of course we answer your questions in a timely manner (usually with the hour if during business hours via email/forums or instantly via chat).

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 03:24 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Thanks Steve, I have signed up for the 7 day trial. I will probably get the dev package however I wanted to play with the feed first just using code. So if I just have the feed I can't use RegisterClientApp in my code as I won't get my own product code? But I could lauch the feed externally then send commands?

Regards

Mark

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 04:23 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
When you say I can connect using another app do you mean iqconnect?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 04:30 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
No, another app that uses the feed. DTN.IQ (our client app which will require more than a basic IQFeed account) or any of the compatible software listed on our website:
http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=software

If you have a registered product, you can launch the feed directly from your app.

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 05:04 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
I see now sSteve, think I will get the develop package makes sense.

Regards

Mark

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 6:39 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003