Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »open interest
Author Topic: open interest (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

microtrends
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 06:45 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hi

I would like to build an addon for NinjaTrader that provides open interest as an indicator.
This would mean a client connection to DTN.IQ endpoint for the relevent insturment and of course a local process will store the data in a local cache so that an indicator based on a dataseries/timeseries would display the relevent reading for a bar of any period.

I already have a rough idea of what the task will involve technically.
Initially this is for development and research pruposes however, if a viable outcome is derived I am assuming if we distribute the indicator then trader can subscribe to your service

What i need is information on:

What datafeed package?
What costs for e.g the ES Futures contract
What api support documentation is there?

many thanks

Tom

MicroTrends
www.microtrends.co

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 08:38 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Tom,

What you would need is the IQFeed API (this is what feeds DTN.IQ) so you can access the data directly. With the API, your app/code would read the data from the TCP socket of the IQFeed client.

The API is $300 per year and is only required by the developer (if you distribute the indicator, end users wouldn't need the API). This will get you full documentation for IQFeed, access to pre-release software (to ensure our releases won't break your code), and direct support from our developers via RT chat, email and forums. In addition to Open Interest, you would also have access to news via the API, as well as all the other data IQFeed provides - see http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=services.

The datafeed for the ES would cost $83 per month plus exchange fees for real time data. For delayed data only, it would be $63 per month. Full pricing is available at www.iqfeed.net by clicking "Fees".

To subscribe to the API, please visit www.iqfeed.net/dev and click the "Register" button on the left side menu. I always suggest developers first read through the Quick Start guide that is available on that page.

If you write a commercial indicator and start marketing in, let us know and we can get you listed on our "Compatible Software" page to help promote your compatibility with IQFeed.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 6:10 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003