Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Weird 'feature?' of the new multi-monitor support ??
Author Topic: Weird 'feature?' of the new multi-monitor support ?? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 13, 2011 03:39 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Ok, just one more thing for today, then off for the weekend

I run multiple monitors. If I open a fullscreen options chain, for example, then pop open a small tick data window on top of it, I observe the following:

When I start to drag the smaller window to reposition it, it DISAPPEARS until I stop dragging it.

That is, small window open, move cursor to title bar, hold down left cursor clicker, everything ok/visible. As soon as I move it AT ALL, the small window disappears completely, leaving only my cursor on top of the fullscreen options chain. When I finally lift up on the left cursor button, the small window reappears.

Makes positioning windows tougher, as you don't know where the 'invisible' window is positioned until letting up on the mouse.

Definitely a DTNIQ multi-monitor thing, as when I cross to another monitor, the small window reappears briefly, then disappears again as I move across the second monitor(if I have a large DTNIQ app open on the second monitor).

Also, this only happens when moving across(under?) DTNIQ apps. ProphetX and non-DTNIQ apps work fine, in that the window is fully visible as I move it across other app windows.

Probably not the way you guys want to implement this.

I'm running Matrox line splitters to some monitors, and straight from a video card to others and this problem occurs on any/all monitors.

'

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 19, 2011 09:37 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
AMA, I have been testing this on several different PCs and setups but haven't been able to duplicate this issue. From your other post, it sounds like you have reverted back to the previous release by now but do you remember if you had any "Always on Top" settings applied to any of the windows?

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 26, 2011 03:40 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Hi Steve - sorry for delay. I did, as you mentioned, revert back to the old release and haven't been trolling on this forum since then.

Yes, I know what you're referring to with the 'always on top' settings.

No, I had -none- of those in effect.

So, that's not the cause here on this one...

Could you describe the multi-monitor setup you're testing with? Ports, splitters(if any), etc.

My setup is definitely non-standard, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work.

I use several Matrox digital(not analog) splitters; DVI and DP(DisplayPort). In addition, I have a ViDock external video card box that plugs in via ExpressCard port. This particular problem shows up on any/all of the monitors, so it's not localized to a specific video card or splitter.

Lenovo W700 laptop, quadcore chip, Win7 Pro, etc. Nice little setup.

Everything works as usual except for this weird disappearing thing. Btw, positioning the DTN 'bar' is correct, in that I can attach it to any of the various monitors. So, at least that's working.

While this disappearing window bug is annoying, it's not a total show-stopper(altho it oughta be fixed). The other charting bugs I listed are the real deal breaker for me at this point.

You should have my email/phone on record; if you wanna discuss, shoot me an email or call anytime after 10am Eastern time.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:19 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003