Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Incorrect daily bars for @TFS
Author Topic: Incorrect daily bars for @TFS (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Xyzzy
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 05:17 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
I'm using IQFeed with MultiCharts. I noticed what appears to be a bug with the daily bars for both @TFS and @TFS#C.

Specifically, the daily bars appear to be reporting a "close" time of 18:00 Exchange Time (i.e., Eastern Time). However, the actual closing time should be 16:15 Eastern Time, as explained here:

"Daily Settlement: The volume-weighted average price of all electronic trades transacted in the closing session (16:14 to 16:15 ET)."

https://www.theice.com/productguide/ProductSpec.shtml;jsessionid=AA7E20A9A74CA75CAB1EF8635C4C39E2?specId=86

I.e., the official trading hours for this symbol are from 20:00 ET to 18:00 ET, but 16:15 ET is considered to be the official closing time. This is consistent with the other e-mini contracts, like @ES, which also close at 16:15 ET.

There might be similar problems for other ICE symbols -- I haven't checked.

Can this be fixed? Thank you.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 07:46 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello Xyzzy,

I will check with our Market Data Services and be back with a reply. Thanks.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 08:40 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Hello again,

Even though it may appear that the close of the daily bar is coming from the 18:00 price, the daily settlement price actually comes from the exchange and, as you point out, is based on the 16:15 time - even though prices continue trading until 18:00. The official settlement price is usually released by the exchange 10 minutes (or so) after 16:15 and that is what is used for the close field in our daily data.

Xyzzy
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 04:45 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Thanks Todd. I reloaded the data, and it looks like the timestamp has been updated to show "16:15" as the correct daily bar time.

Xyzzy
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 04:59 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
I misspoke -- actually, the daily bars are now showing a closing time of 15:15, not 16:15, even though they are showing closing prices as of 16:15. This could throw off the results for people who are using this data for backtesting. Could this be fixed, so that the daily bars show the correct closing time of 16:15?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 05:02 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Are you talking about the time portion of the timestamp in the data returned from the daily history requests?

If so, then that timestamp is simply your local PC time when the first datapoint is returned and should be ignored.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 1:12 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003