Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »end-of-day data file
Author Topic: end-of-day data file (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 14, 2004 09:46 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
Is that possible we can get a downloadable end-of-day data file for each market after market closes each day?

Of course I can get it one by one from the server but it is time comsuming. If we can have one file which contans all the end-of-day data, it will be much convenient.

If need, I can develop a short program on the server side to do the job.

How many of developers need it?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 07:36 AM          Msg. 2 of 10
We do have this, however it is only packaged and sold for commercial use. We will be looking at making it available to our retail customers in the not so distant future.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 11:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 10
Quote: downloadable end-of-day data file for each market

I think that the End-of-Day data would be a major addition to the feed. Either as a market data recap stream that cycles after market closes or as blocks of data reflecting the various exchanges.

It could also be in the form of a news story - I have suggested this in the past for presenting market stats and activity, like most active, gainers, losers, etc. Speaking of which, it would be nice to request certain news by subject or category instead of having to know the story ID. For example Earnings.

The specification also implies that you can do key word searches in the news but only symbols work. This would be another great addition (or completion of what is in the spec) to be able to search the news for key words.

I would also like to see earnings (including past years and current quarterly results) as a part of a symbol fundamental database. In days gone by this was available on the satellite systems as an extra service, and was free for a while if I remember correctly. My customers loved it.

Again, back to the original post: End-of-Day Market Recap - It has my vote and all of my customers as they will benefit highly from it.

Thanks!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 04:11 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
Please see the new poll posted regarding this topic:

http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=357

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 18, 2005 08:45 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
Any progress on this?

I have not heard anything yet even some replied on this topic.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jan 19, 2005 05:31 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
see http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=390

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

senator
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 24, 2005 11:51 PM          Msg. 7 of 10
JAY, you are saying that you can package any future or stock symbol, in a comma delimi format with the time, price and volume just like a T&S for commercial purposes?

Where can I get a qoute of the pricing for an entire year of a particular symbol?

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 12:00 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
You can always to download it from yahoo for free.

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 25, 2005 12:01 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
You can always download it from yahoo free.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jan 27, 2005 10:21 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Quote: JAY, you are saying that you can package any future or stock symbol, in a comma delimi format with the time, price and volume just like a T&S for commercial purposes?

Where can I get a qoute of the pricing for an entire year of a particular symbol?
--- Original message by senator on Jan 24, 2005 11:51 PM
Well, we already provide commercial services that provide T&S data for redistribution. It is from our FinWin product line. If you contact prosales@dtn.com with details of exactly what you are looking for we can get you a quote. Redistributing data is a different animal than the retail service for individual use (DTN.IQ and IQFeed). Information about our FinWin product line is available at www.finwin.com. It is all snapshot as opposed to streaming data like we provide in IQFeed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 5:52 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003