Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Equity Option Chain Question
Author Topic: Equity Option Chain Question (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bards
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 08:05 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Every third Friday of the month, I retrieve option chains for some
stocks that expire the month after.
For example, on Friday Sep 6th, 2014,I retrieve the option for the stock BAC
that expire October 18th, and I only want 2 in the money,
and 2 out the money.

I use this command:

CEO,BAC,pc,JV,,2,2,2\n

For stock BAC, I get many options, a lot of them that expire October 3rd,
October 10th, October 18th, and October 24th. But I only want those that
expire the third week of October, ie, October 18th.
Is there a way to do that?
Am I calling it wrong?

For other stocks, such ADSK, (which only has options that expire third week
of the month), the above call works.

I would appreciate any help/input.

Thanks.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 09:51 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello, there is no option to have these filtered out in the feed currently. However, this should be an easy enough filter to implement on your end. As you know, all monthly expiry contracts do so on the 3rd Friday so the weekly options that expire during the other Fridays can be excluded. Additionally, if you are wanting to exclude Jumbo options, the root of these contracts will have a 'J' appended before the expiry date in the symbol. Likewise, mini options will have a '7' appended I the same location.

bards
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 03:32 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Thanks Steve for your response.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:06 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003