Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »How to obtain historical data (OHLC) for current bars
Author Topic: How to obtain historical data (OHLC) for current bars (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JJTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 06:12 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hi

One of my requirements is to be able to pull OHLC for a bar that has not closed yet.
The bar timeframe could be anything from say 5min up to a monthly bar.
So I might want to pull OHLC for a 60min bar at xx:59, or a daily bar at 1500, or a weekly bar midweek, or a monthly bar mid-month.

Is this doable? I have had a partial answer via email that has said intraday data can be done easily, but the answer was ambiguous with respect to timeframes higher than intraday.

Could someone answer this question for me please? What I don't want to have to do is "hand crank" OHLC for a higher timeframe by downloading a load of data on a lower timeframe, iterating over it and pulling out the OHLC myself. I currently use Interactive Brokers and their reqHistoricalData function does this easily in one function call.

Thanks in advance.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 08:30 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
We received your follow up email as well and a response is coming shortly. For those on this forum with the same question, I will also answer here:

We store tick data for 180 days. This data can be retrieved in nVolume, nTick or nSecond intervals where “n” is whatever interval you choose. We store many years of 1 minute data. This data can be retrieved in nMinute intervals. Thus, you can request 60 minute bars and you will get data up to the latest tick with the last bar being a partial bar.

We store daily data with bars generated at the end of each day. When you ask for weekly or monthly bars, we derive that from the daily bars. These intervals will not include the current day's trading session until the end of the day. Our customers are traders, and thus they are nearly always also watching a stream of the instruments they are interested in. The stream includes everything they need to create their own partial/current bar for the day/session including OHLCV.

You don't need to hand crank over a load of data. You just need to watch the stream on the symbol. When you watch a symbol we send the current session OHLCV immediately and update it with every tick throughout the session so your chart/analysis can stay current.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 4:31 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003