Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Using IQFeed with Interactive Brokers (IB) »Conversion between IQFeed <--> Interactive Brokers Ticker Symbols ?
Author Topic: Conversion between IQFeed <--> Interactive Brokers Ticker Symbols ? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vmitec
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 02:41 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Good morning.
I am trading through IB but would like to use IQFeed as a data feed.
Is there a way to convert symbol names between IB and IQFeed?
I would like to automate this conversion because I have 500+ symbols...

Thanks
Edited by vmitec on Mar 21, 2017 at 02:42 AM

DTN_Robert_Carrillo
-Interested User-

-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 02:55 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello,

If you haven't already done so please contact our Sales Dept about how we can meet your data needs. They will be glad to help regarding compatible software, pricing, trial info, etc. They can be reached at sales@iqfeed.net or by phone 800-475-4755.

Thank you.

Robert Carrillo

support@iqfeed.net

support@dtniq.com

support@prophetx.com

Trading Markets Customer Service

1-800-397-7000

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 03:30 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
There are some differences in handling between IQFeed and IB.

Symbols in IQFeed are completely textual and obtained through a 'mktsymbols' text file.

For IB, to generate trades and request data through their API, contract numbers are typically required. To request contract numbers for equities traded on the primary exchanges, IQFeed symbols can typically be used directly for the lookup in the IB API. For options and futures, you have to perform lookups through the IB API based upon underlying symbol, currency, expiry dates, strikes, etc... Then use that contract number to make the request through the other portions of the IB API.

If the IQFeed people have these lookup tables as another service, cool.

But for us do-it-yourselfers, code needs to be written. I have written code to parse the IQFeed market symbols text file, pull out the options/futures info, and use that to look up contract details in the IB API.

If you want to wade through a bunch of stuff I've done:

An IQFeed provider:

https://github.com/rburkholder/trade-frame/tree/master/lib/TFIQFeed

An IB provider:

https://github.com/rburkholder/trade-frame/tree/master/lib/TFInteractiveBrokers

Send me a message at iqfeed@oneunified.net if you'd like more instructions.

All this is based upon the fact that I start with the mktsymbols file, decode it, and use it to request data from IQFeed, and to generate trades with IB. To go the other way around, if you have IB contract info, I have some other code in the same repository which will build IQFeed symbols from contract info and underlying symbol names. There are some futures and options underlying symbol which require a manually composed lookup table, such as GC in InteractiveBrokers and QGC in IQFeed.
Edited by stargrazer on Mar 21, 2017 at 03:41 AM

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 2:48 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003