Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Outbound traffic
Author Topic: Outbound traffic (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 03:59 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
I have big outbound traffic during the active trading hours, from 9:30 until 16:00 EST. Traffic is ok when IQ link is off.

In the attachement you may see mu traffic, black line is outbound traffic.

I would appretiater any ideas where should I look.

File Attached: get_mrtg.png (downloaded 1064 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 08:20 AM          Msg. 2 of 11
Good morning,

There is very little that IQ does with outbound traffic. Basically, unless you are doing a send, there is not a lot going on for outbound data. What are your applications doing with the data we send, is it maybe pushing data to a database?

Tim

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 11:36 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
Yes, I am trying to write data into SQL, but I use local connection. It does not go out.

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 01:28 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
I have turned off my program

Turned onn IQFeed Whatchlist

Added 292 sysmbols.

iqconnect.exe outbound traffic is 0.2M B/sec

see the attached image

File Attached: 11.png (downloaded 1118 times)

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:01 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
increased the number of stocks in the IQfeed watch list to 451

Outbound traffic from iqxonnect.exe increased to 0.4M B/sec

see attached image

File Attached: 22.png (downloaded 1119 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:13 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
It looks like that number may include local traffic, but if you go to TCP Connections and add the Send and Receive columns to Resource Monitor, then you should be able to see which port is using that bandwidth within the app. I would expect there to be local bandwidth, so maybe that is all this is.

Tim

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:15 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
see in the attachment the history of outbound traffic as I turned off my program and turned the IQfeed watch list.

Outbound traffic was rising as I was adding the stocks to watch list

File Attached: 33.png (downloaded 1098 times)

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:18 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
P.S. the image of outbound traffic is from my internet provider.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:21 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
Ok, well try to get me a screenshot of the send/receive numbers per tcp connection, that should give me a clue.

Tim

JBEN
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 02:26 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
icconnect.exe port 5009 remote address IPv4 loopback (image is attached)

As I understand IPv4 loopback should not go out

File Attached: 34.png (downloaded 1096 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 08:11 AM          Msg. 11 of 11
Correct, that port is only used for internal data and it is what we send the data feed out on, so that usage is expected.

Tim

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 8:44 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003