I've been reading about how IQFeed can run reliably under Wine-Stable, so I've been testing it out for the past 2 days. Below is a description of the issue I'm facing, any help would be highly appreciated!
- After installing IQClient under Wine, I opened IQLinkLauncher.exe, entered my username and password on the pop-up box.
- I ran a simple Python script to download historical data but it said IQFeed is not connected.
- I then ran Diagnostic.exe. Out of 10 times I click on the 'Test' button, I only succeeded once or twice in getting data but in those rare occasions, after the initial batch of data is received, the connection fails again.
- Thinking of debugging the issue, I clicked on the 'Connectivity' tab, which says:
Trace route to 220.127.116.11
Hop Min RTT Avg RTT Max RTT IP
Could not get a valid ICMP handle
- To confirm that there is nothing wrong with my internet, I re-ran the above using the IQLinkLauncher installed on my host Win8.1 and everything was fine. The connection was very stable and never needed a re-login. I really have no idea what is wrong.
(1) Debian Jessie 64-bit Virtualbox VM running on Win 8.1 host
Steps I took for Debian VM:
(1) Installed Wine (NOT: Wine-Development) based on the instructions here: https://wiki.debian.org/Wine.
I started from Step 1, then step 2: Standard installation
(2) Ran 'winecfg'
(3) Installed iqfeed_client_6_0_0_5.exe (in the process, it installed vcredist_x86_2012u4) in WineEdited by phaser on Apr 2, 2019 at 03:02 AMEdited by phaser on Apr 2, 2019 at 05:08 AMEdited by phaser on Apr 2, 2019 at 05:08 AM