Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »one minute quotes in excel spreadsheet
Author Topic: one minute quotes in excel spreadsheet (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

TLikins
-Interested User-

Howdy

Posted: Nov 18, 2005 12:19 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
I was wondering if it's possible to get a 1 minute quote in excel. I don't see it in any data fields
but I thought maybe someone has done this already and would be willing to share a HOW TO.

Thanks for your help!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 18, 2005 12:26 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Are you looking for a one minute quote (in other words, just have a single field update with the last quote info on a one minute basis), or access to 1 minute intraday/historical data?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

TLikins
-Interested User-

Howdy

Posted: Nov 18, 2005 02:38 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
No , I think thats already there. Sorry for the confusion. What I really want is a one minute VOLUME field in EXCEL. Using the Sample DDE workbook I notice quite a few fundamental data points available but not this one. I hope that's clear now. The reason I want this is it would match the data in my trading software.

Thanks for your help!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 18, 2005 03:33 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
With IQ, there is no way to natively get a one minute volume into Excel. However, you can get the one minute volume for indivual symbols using minute bars on history (it includes the volume for each minute interval) using a 3rd party app or our DTN.IQ software.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 30, 2005 09:52 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
Quote: I noticed that using the API you can get a time stamp in a message that's sent with each transaction. I was hoping that you might consider adding this field in the IQLINK client. I guess I could do the house keeping to determine the minute periods if it was there but I am sure I 'm not the only one interested in this field. I think that since this is already computed by your servers it would be much more efficient and less effort for DTN to do this then the user. Is there a process that the users can effect that helps steer your effort in this matter, perhaps a poll? I know that this is not a democracy but it would seem to me that there should be no difference in the ability of the IQLINK client and the users of the API to access the market data. If this is true, and the IQLINK users are only allowed access to a subset of the information that the API user get, than it seems to me that the users of the IQLINK client are consdered a second class citizen in the DTN universe. I don't want to sound like I know all of the intracasies of what it takes to do this but I think there should be some parity here. I am aware of the bandwith limitations between the DDE and the COM/TCPIP intefaces that you use. Who decides what information is available in the IQLINK client? I'm very interested in finding out what percentage of your users use the IQLINK client versus all others. Once this is known, I would begin to understand the marketing decisions at DTN to decide who gets what. I noticed that you mentioned that DTN intends to make an EXCEL add-in, but it's on the back burner. Can you tell me how much interest there is in this software? If there was enough interest I might consider writing one myself.

First off, IQLink and the IQFeed API were created for 2 completely different reason. DDE is meant to give you stremaing data into a spreadsheet. It is not meant to give you a raw feed so you can write your own applications (this is what IQFeed is for). The ability to write your own applications using IQFeed comes with a $300 annual fee so we can apply some resource to supporting those development efforts.

Your overall request/question has a simple answer. It IS in IQLink already. The T TIME field will provide the time of the last trade, which is the same time stamp we send with quote messages in IQFeed. To the best of my knowledge, we have each field that is IQFeed available in IQLink as well.

As for an Excel addin, it is on the back burner because of lack of known demand and other higher priority items. Like you, if we knew there was enough interest, it would be higher on the priority list.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

TLikins
-Interested User-

Howdy

Posted: Dec 1, 2005 07:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Jay,

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that my previous post about VBA shed some light on what I'm trying to do. I'm glad that there is a match in the data you provide in both products. I don't know if you know this but your DDE documentation specifies 'Time' not 'T TIME'. All I really care about is a way to discern the time difference and now I have it. I remember when I had a problems in the 4.0.0.2 version and you mentioned that there were new fields that were added.You may want to consider having your documentation group start updating the DDE information.I opened the Sample DDE spreadsheet and looked at the qitems and saw what you were talking about. It would be nice if I could find a source of the valid token to use. Does the IQLINK client always have the latest information in these fields with respect to the changes in latest version? Is there a historical document I could read ie: changelog that tells me what was added/deleted?

Thanks for your help!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 4, 2005 07:23 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
We will get the documentation updated. However, the qitems should always have the current field list. We don't produce a specific change log for IQLink changes so unfortunately there isn't a document to reference for changes.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 1:32 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003