Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »IQ Client in Ninja Trader not authenticating
Author Topic: IQ Client in Ninja Trader not authenticating (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Coney
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2006 12:51 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi,

I have an active and working IQ feed account and I am able to connect directly via the IQ client provided in your download, as well as with Quote Tracker.

However, I am unable to connect with my login information to IQ Client via Ninja Trader and the bundled IQ Feed 4.0 Connection window. I always get an "Failure retrieving login information" error. I have asked them about this and they suggest I contact IQ.

In an attempt to rule out any conflicts with any of installs mentioned above, I just installed NinjaTrader on a machine that has never had any IQFeed connections installed, or any prior installs of NinjaTrader, but I get the same result.

Note - All firewalls have been disconnected as well and I have triple checked my login info for IQ. It just appears tha IQ will not accept my login via the client installed with NinjaTrader.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ron

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 16, 2006 12:59 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Ron,

This sounds like a scenario where you are logging in with an account that is only authorized for use with QuoteTracker and/or IQLink (DDE). If you subscribed to the heavily discounted rate for IQFeed with QuoteTracker (via their website link to us), you can only use QuoteTracker software or IQLink. If this is the case, we can resolve it quickly by contacting customer support. They can upgrade your IQFeed account to a full account which will let it work with all 3rd party software instead of just QuoteTracker. Please contact our support group via phone or RT chat (www.iqfeed.net) and they will get you taken care of quickly.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Coney
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 16, 2006 01:23 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Jay,

Ah, you are correct! That is exactly the scenario, I did indeed sign up off the Quote Tracker link. I will contact the support group and see about the change.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and solution!

Regards,
Ron

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 9:02 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003