Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »Advanced Declined Indicators...NEED USABLE TOTAL
Author Topic: Advanced Declined Indicators...NEED USABLE TOTAL (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

cmx
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 9, 2006 12:31 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Near two years ago, before this forum, I requested a better/valid "A/D Line". I was promised this was being looked at.

There has been no change. The current "totals" eg IIQT.Z, IINT.Z are pretty irrelevant, simply portraying the number of advancing+declining+unchanged issues. Really of no use without computation on our end.

Could you implement a relevant "A/D line"? Such as advancing - declining? Or a ratio, a/d?

I also suggested an advancing-declining VOLUME(VINA.Z -VIND.Z, VIQA.Z-VINd.Z, etc.)....this would be useful for each exchange independently.

ALSO I have found a "combo" of NYSE NAS and AMEX adv-dec volume is a VERY valuable "total market" indicator.

These are very basic indicators that should be available imo. It almost seems like an error the way the a/d issues totals are implmented.

Thank you for any consideration for implementation and response.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 9, 2006 02:32 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
CMX,

Let me see if I can get this pushed through on our ticker development. Ill let you know what we can do.

Thanks for the nudge.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Apr 17, 2006 03:20 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
CMX,

As of this past weekend, Advance-Decline volume stats are now available in IQ. Since we just started calculating these, there is no history, but it will be built starting today:

JV1T.Z , DOW JONES INDU NET VOLUME
JV2T.Z, DOW JONES TRAN NET VOLUME
JV3T.Z, DOW JONES UTIL NET VOLUME
JV4T.Z, DOW JONES COMP NET VOLUME
JV5T.Z, NASDAQ 100 NET VOLUME
JV6T.Z, S&P 500 ISSUES NET VOLUME
JVAT.Z, AMEX NET VOLUME
JVKT.Z NASDAQ OTHER OTC NET VOLUME
JVMT.Z, NASDAQ NMS NET VOLUME
JVNT.Z, NYSE NET VOLUME
JVOT.Z, NASDAQ 3RD MKT NET VOLUME
JVQT.Z, NASDAQ COMB NET VOLUME
JVST.Z, NASDAQ SM CAP NET VOLUME

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

cmx
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 09:56 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Great Jay, thanks. What about a/d net? advancers-decliners? Where those implmented too?

jstar
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:41 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
Thanks for the addition.

Are you going to add the same for advancers/decliners? (net advancers/decliners) for my work, that value is more important than volume.

And an even better indicator is cb= Combined Breadth $ADV + $ADVQ - $DECL - $DECLQ

(NYSE Advancers + NASDAQ Advancers) - (NYSE Decliners + NASDAQ Decliners)

That is the the best market momo indicator imo.

Thanks!

cmx
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 11:46 AM          Msg. 6 of 8
jstar..don't know what I was thinking ...there is net a/d

JINT.Z
JINQ.Z

jstar
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 12:43 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Thanks CMX!

DTN?

Any word on a symbol for

(NYSE Advancers + NASDAQ Advancers) - (NYSE Decliners + NASDAQ Decliners)

If I could combine the 2 and chart it in QT I most certainly would :-(

Thanks so much.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 08:22 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
We can put this on our list for future development. There are thousands of ways to calculate various market breadth indicators based on individual requirements. Putting them all in the feed and taking up server resources to calculate them for only a couple users may not make the best sense for us. We do have the ability to enter custom formulas in our ProphetX platform. This allows our users to create any indicator they want for use in charts, quote sheets, etc. I know users have requested this functionality within QT as well.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 10:01 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003