Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: seattle_guy
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 16, 2009 01:59 AM
Interests:
Email: seattle_softguy@yahoo.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
seattle_guy has contributed to 6 posts out of 21199 total posts (0.03%) in 5,257 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » History Tick Data Dec 16, 2009 01:59 AM (Total replies: 3)

Ok. I tried this ""HTD,INTC,2,\r\n" and find only one day of data coming back. My socket receive loop is...Am I missing something ?

{
string strData = "";
string ConcatData = string.Empty;
int iEndMsg = -1;
while (iEndMsg == -1)
{
// initialize to sizeof inData to get into loop below
while (stream.DataAvailable)
{
byte[] inData = new byte[8097];
stream.Read(inData, 0, inData.Length);
strData = Encoding.ASCII.GetString(inData);
ConcatData += strData;

//Console.Write(ConcatData);
//Console.Write(strData);
}
iEndMsg = ConcatData.IndexOf("!ENDMSG!");
}

IQFeed Developer Support » History Tick Data Dec 15, 2009 06:08 PM (Total replies: 3)

If I want to specify one of the parameters, should I just have empty strings in the command request ? For example, Intel tick data for 2 days in descending order should be "HTD,INTC,2,,,,0,,,\r\n" ? Can anyone point me to the right syntax ? Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » C# samplem with tcp/ip Dec 15, 2009 01:56 PM (Total replies: 45)

Thanks Steve. I will take a look.

IQFeed Developer Support » C# samplem with tcp/ip Dec 15, 2009 01:17 PM (Total replies: 45)

Does anyone know if there is a c# sample to get historical data via sockets ? I only see c++ code in the directory. Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Wannabe API user with question Dec 14, 2009 08:19 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks Jay. I will need to look into mine then. The other question is..Is there a real time availability of historical data for the day ? i.e let say I pick a stock of interest and I want to know the tick data from start of the trading session until the request time ? Is this do-able ? It sounded like it isn't possible.

IQFeed Developer Support » Wannabe API user with question Dec 14, 2009 06:44 PM (Total replies: 5)

I am interested in the API license (but have just sent the fax, but am going to wait) and have the following question.

The documentation says IQfeed dont allow watch and unwatch of symbols! Can anyone confirm what that means ? In my code, I want to dynamically select (alert may come from a different provider) a set of symbols and watch their tick and after some time, dismiss some of them and re-populate another list and so on..Is this not possible ? I dont know which ones I am going to watch and cannot make a long list to choose. Anyone ? Please let me know because I dont want to get the license if this is not possible..

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 11:08 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003