Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Gene
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 20, 2005 12:22 PM
Interests:
Email: gmorris@downeysavings.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Gene has contributed to 15 posts out of 21191 total posts (0.07%) in 7,153 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Jan 20, 2005 12:22 PM (Total replies: 65)

Chucko,
Almost forgot.. The best part of the Yahoo stock page is the message board for each stock..
Some very good information and also some very bad postings.. A grain of salt and a good BS filter is needed but overall a good experience..
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Jan 20, 2005 11:58 AM (Total replies: 65)

Chucko,

Thank you for your concurrence. With digital AM radio being released I suspect that there
will be many choices next year, they can co-broadcast.. perhaps COX radio would be interested or Infinity broadcasting.. In the meantime I went shopping for information sources and found that YAHOO is an excellect provider of securities information..

SBC internet DSL at $19.95 per month including YAHOO.. With YAHOO they offer delayed quotes and options and portfolio management included.. If you want real time quotes then it is a WHOPPING $ 9.95 per month extra.. O yes, you can include a symbol watch in the standard package and get news items only on the stocks you want.. I still like DTN for high low and close pricing and interday charts, but their service could be so much better..
Too Bad..
Thanks for the reply,
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Jan 20, 2005 10:20 AM (Total replies: 65)

Good Morning Jay,

The Real Time Trader Quarterly Earnings posting REALLY SUCKS ! ! !

DTN NEWS STAFF did a MUCH BETTER JOB ! ! !

Yesterday RTT missed JPM,QUAL,Southwest Airlines, Lucent, ect.. All reported in LA Times
Today.. IGT and many others.. only EIGHT (8) company earning reports shown..

RTT is nothing but a DOILY FOR YOUR MIND. . .
This is what I ment by front running in a prior post..

Please regain your prior quality,
Thank you,
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Jan 18, 2005 03:38 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,
I do not know if you watch the quarterly earnings, but not all of the earnings are being posted. AA was not, INTC was not.. Who knows how many others are being omitted?
I have the spectrum system but suspect the the Real Time people have the same problem..
Thanks,
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Nov 19, 2004 01:40 PM (Total replies: 65)

Joe,
I see your point about having the latest on top during the day, being updated once per hour.
However, I update earnings charts in the evening and normally trade only NYSE stocks.
I would find it easier if the last update of the day would be sorted by exchange and then alphabetically, symbol length would do that.. I find it time consuming to look through the many NASDAQ postings just to find NYSE postings..
NASDAQ listings all have 4 or 5 letters.. NYSE have 1 or 2 or 3.. I am not sure of what AMEX
has.. I just seemed a quick way to provide order to a random list for which time of posting has little meaning after the close or the next day..
Thanks for the input.
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Nov 18, 2004 03:41 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,
Finally we are back to where we were several months ago..
One suggestion however, since RTT is transmitting this date to DTN every hour or so.
Could you ask them to sort it before transmission.. Namely by symbol length, then by
symbol.. The result would make a much more user friendly display..
For example, C
F
DD
GM
AXP
MMM
XON
AMAT
MSFT
ORCL
I thank you and Ms. Frenchie thanks you..
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 29, 2004 12:23 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,
Do you still work for DTN.. You have not entered messages for a few days..
As a Spectrum user I still am VERY DISAPPOINTED about not having the earnings and
income information reinstalled as of yet.. I am amused that you had time to add the
code for all of the pretty colors instead of adding functionality, now my screens look as
pretty as a French whore..
Keep those improvements coming..
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 25, 2004 02:57 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,

Back to the Real Time Snapshots.. If the exchanges did not charge for their ability to discriminate against the PUBLIC by charging excessively for real time quotes then you would
not have a problem supplying your 100,000 Spectrum users with this information..

The solution is simple.. Include a petition with your quarterly billing requesting that the
exchanges eliminate their "FRONT RUNNING ACTIVITIES" and demand that the exchanges realize that they are responsible to ALL OF THE PUBLIC AT THE SAME TIME, and that ALL OF THE PUBLIC has a right to the most recent information with the same immediacy..

Every month send these signed petitions to the SEC chairman's office.. Eventually this
information elitism will be gone..

Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 21, 2004 02:43 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,
Sounds good so far. While you are working on this project, what about putting the last couple of quarters of "date of report, sales, eps, and profit/loss" on the Quick Quote screen for those who might not be able to review earnings page every day.. Or perhaps for those looking at a new issue to include in their portfolio.. A nice programing touch would be to be
able to click on the symbol of an issue in the broker quotes pages and get the quick quote page for that stock as a quick reference..

I still need "near real time snapshot quotes" for morning activity before going to work..
In the evening for charting, delayed or near real time or real time makes no difference..

Thanks again,
Gene

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 20, 2004 02:30 PM (Total replies: 65)

Thank you for following through with the earnings etc, very important to so many of us..
I visited the realtimetraders.com web site..
Really a great experience.. I hope they provide DTN with the same high quality experience..
Any word on the "near real time" snap shot for stock quotes..
Also what about just end of market day open high low close on the financials and currencies??
Thanks again,
Gene

The promise that the information would be the same was from your "special statement"
found on the Spectrum system.. I am glad I have not changed, but I am VERY disappointed by current content.. By not having the earning reported despite strong user protest, I can only wonder if you are part of a conspiracy to cover up bad reports due to the oil price increase and thus help the funds unload on the individual traders.. Does any one know of other information providers I could use instead?
Thanks

DTN Satellite Products » Recent changes to news as of 9/20/04 Oct 8, 2004 05:36 PM (Total replies: 10)

Jay,
Thank you for putting the spot metal prices back..
Keep working on the sales and earning pages..
As far as the near real time snap shot, perhaps a survey of users would be useful.. Place a questionair on the system and have users call the 800 number.
Gene

DTN Satellite Products » Recent changes to news as of 9/20/04 Oct 6, 2004 02:29 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thank you for your quick response.
The main reason I favor your proprietary box is that it is trouble free and by my having a power conditioner on it, it has not needed replacement for many years.. It is just that it is not now state of the art.. Perhaps a master agreement with the exchanges where by if a person has a contract with you for spectrum then the exchange agreements are included.
The cost difference should be minimal. Users pay you, you pay the exchanges. If users did not pay you, you would cut them off anyway. DTN would only offer the "near real time snap shot".
As for the DTN.IQ for Satellite.. Yes, I agree that the Unlimited capabilities are enticing, however I am not a day trader and would prefer an information tool that is blissfully simple and reliable as is the spectrum system is now. Everything works together and seamlessly.
Thanks again,
Gene

DTN Satellite Products » Recent changes to news as of 9/20/04 Oct 6, 2004 01:25 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thanks for the Reply Jay, First I have an older Spectrum system and use it for stock trading. It has served my needs so far but could be so much better. It is a stand alone system with out internet bugs and reliable. If only you would upgrade it to a state of the art box.
Self serving news.. Many of the analysts reports are nothing more that sales tools for them.
Same for many of the company announcements. Your prior earning page had symbols that could be easily read and reviewed if of interest.. Your current displays are difficult to read.
please explain how I can now get the quarterly reports with as much ease as I used to.
1. Near real time snap shot.. DTN would receive the streaming quotes, summarize them and would then transmit the snap shot every few minutes. There would not be any need of bandwidth increase. In today's market, a 20 minute delay is not a competitive product.
2. 40 Formulas would be great.. Also perhaps increase the number of stocks to watch in the interday charts list..
3. Quick Quote Screen. You would only need to add 8x3 fields to the historical base and code a couple of sweeper programs. How hard could that be..
4. Perhaps data over AM/FM is the next step, It recently became legal and would be portable.

DTN Satellite Products » Recent changes to news as of 9/20/04 Oct 5, 2004 03:31 PM (Total replies: 10)

Regarding Spectrum Changes: I can not believe how badly you screwed up a simple system.. Pages and pages of self serving news items while deleting the earnings and revenue information, I spoke to Tylor there this morning and he said that the earning information was not available on any of your products. You have also deleted the spot metal prices, bad move.. The free news was a cost option before and few wanted it and now it is mandatory spam. Your extra pages has slowed down my system noticeably. Maybe it is time to look for a new supplier of information.
Here is what I want:
1. Real time snapshot of quotes - Total number characters transmitted are the same just not delayed. It only cost 1 dollar per exchange..
2. 40 formulas not 20. You have the room. When formulas was first started one of the screens was set up for 40. You news usage shows you have the memory and cpu to do it.
3. Improve the Quick Quote Screen to inclued the last 8 quarters of revenues, eps and P/L
In summary. you could have a very good system but as it is now you may be headed back to bankruptcy again as many leave DTN for competing suppliers.. Many are free.

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 8:36 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003