Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: ED
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 03:37 PM
Interests:
Email: D2BIKE@JUNO.COM
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
ED has contributed to 17 posts out of 21191 total posts (0.08%) in 7,151 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » TIME & SALES - AUTOMATION Jun 21, 2005 03:37 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hi,

Is there some way to automate or improve the process of downloading the intra day Time & Sales data?? In order to download the Time & Sales data for 10 stocks requires a lot numberous repetitive tedious clicks of my mouse.
Perhaps more of the settings be selected ahead of time like: comma delimited, include column names, overwrite and save.
Another alternative, is for one to pick a list of stocks and have all the Time & Sales downloaded for that list.
A third alternative is provide a way for everyone to write their Macro Function to do the download.

Ed

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Apr 20, 2005 06:38 PM (Total replies: 65)

Hi,

I've noticed that you miss a lot of earnings for unexplained reasons. In particular, I notice that you miss a lot of stocks in the oil and natural gas area, but you also miss stocks like BBY (Best Buy 4/1/05), YHOO (Yahoo 4/19/05), INTC (Intel 4/19/05) and I guess you missed EBAY today.
I think YHOO released earnings during the day or 4:30pm EDT and EBAY at 5:00pm EDT. I could generate a whole list of earnings that your system has missed, some of them do occur during the trading day. Is there a reason for skipping some of these stocks??

Ed

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Dec 28, 2004 01:01 AM (Total replies: 65)

Hi Jay,

Have you finalized the positions of the columns in the Earning Reports? Before we had the Symbols start in Column 19, now they start in Column 20.
The Earnings per share had the decimal point in columns 29 and 37.
They are now in columns 31 and 40.

The Net Earnings and the Sales had a single decimal place now they have 2 decimal places.
The Net Earnings had the decimal point in columns 49 and 59
They are now in columns 49 and 58

The Sales had the decimal point in columns 68 and 77
They are now in columns 67 and 76

Since you are now using 2 decimal places for sales, the sales columns are in the same places as before with the decimal point appearing in columns 67 and 76. However, the Earnings per share has shifted the most and moving it back a couple spaces would be better. (You really don't need two decimal places on the sales- but it doesn't matter as long as there is room for companies like MSFT, IBM, GM etc. )

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Nov 19, 2004 04:26 PM (Total replies: 65)

Hi Jay,

Fantastic!!! Thank You. This has been very hard on me, trying to find the earning reports.

You have shifted the Earnings per Share two columns to the right, placing the decimal in column 31 instead of 29. I can re-write my program for this, if necessary. You also have 2 decimal places on the Net Earnings and the Revenue columns, whereas, you had only 1 before. (Of course, you need 2 decimal places on the Earnings per Share, as it was before.) However, you do not need 2 decimal places on the Net Earnings and the Revenue. In particular, this may lead to problem if you have 2 decimal places on the Revenue, since large companies like Intel, Microsoft, GM and Cisco may require more room for this column. I would suggest that at least the Revenue column have only 1 decimal place, using the same spacing.

What is the e on the Earnings list? Is that earnings Pro Forma?? I noticed that the Earning reports appear in two places (1) under either dtn news or RTT and the other (2) under calendars. The calendars listing goes away at round 9:30pm ET, but I can get the other one after 9:30pm ET.

Thank You. This is a great Relief, getting the earning reports. (I don't have to search for a new data source.) It has been a long long time, since September during a period which most of the 3rd quarter earning reports came out. This will effect my data for at least another quarter making it hard to be effective in my trading.

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Nov 9, 2004 03:45 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay;

What is happening with the Earning Reports?? It sounded like we were going to get the Earning Reports almost any day. Where will we find them??

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Nov 2, 2004 04:58 PM (Total replies: 65)

Hi Jay,

Thank you, Thank you. It looks real GOOD. However, I could not get the lines to line-up when I exported the file to a text file. (Perhaps, I have to look at it as an *.HTML file and then export it to a text file.) Thanks for writing. I was beginning to wonder if anything was being done. Look'n Good, so far. (I even tried to copy from this forum, where it really looks good, and send it to myself.)

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 26, 2004 02:14 PM (Total replies: 65)

Hi Jay,

We are missing ALL the 3rd quarter Earnings!! Would please send me anything you have. It is far to HARD to get the data from Yahoo. e-mail: D2Bike@Juno.com

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 21, 2004 03:30 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,

Would you please send me whatever you have?? I have a powerful editor - emacs. I would prefer a text file, but whatever you have I can convert it and edit it. There were a lot of earning reports today and there will be tomorrow. Please send whatever you have. I write my own programs. D2Bike@Juno.com

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 20, 2004 03:19 PM (Total replies: 65)

Thanks Jay,

A single large page of Earning Reports sounds real good!! (I hope the format is something like the old format with comparisons of earnings/share & revenue in the last 3 months compared to a year ago for each company.)

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 20, 2004 01:11 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,

Can you go back to the old format of Earning Reports until you get something working with the RTT?? Or, is there a website out there somewhere, where we can get the Earning Reports, other than, 1 at a time at Yahoo?? (We are missing a lot of 3rd quarter earnings!)

Does the NYSE or the NASDAQ provide a listing of the Earning Reports?? How do brokerage firms and others get the Earning Reports??

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 11, 2004 02:34 PM (Total replies: 65)

Thanks Jay:

Yes, the market statistics page contained the Open Interest Numbers, plus the number of new highs and lows for the NYSE, AMSE, & the Nasdaq. I would like to get at least the new highs and lows, if that is possible. I'm on Internet DTNIQ, now. I don't believe I have any programmable pages?? Can I get the number of new highs & lows for each exchange now??

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 11, 2004 01:54 PM (Total replies: 65)

JAY:

So, what is happening on the Quarterly Earnings Reports? (and the market Statistics?) Anything or is it gone forever?

Ed

Data and Content Support » corporate earnings table Oct 10, 2004 09:03 PM (Total replies: 7)

Steve,

I agree with you 100% This is ridiculous. Let me know if you go with some else.

Ed
e-mail: D2bike@Juno.com

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 8, 2004 04:47 PM (Total replies: 65)

It would be cumbersome, because I would have to look for the earnings per share and revenue for the quarter for each stock. This would take a lot of time. I do this for some stocks that are missed by going to Yahoo, others I just ignore, because I do not want to waste time (usually I have an old earnings & date for those stocks.) I cannot image doing this during the height of earnings season when 100 stocks are releasing earnings each day.

The old system was so easy. I download the stock earnings report and then I push a button (ie. run a program) and it is done. The earnings & date appear with my charted stock.

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 8, 2004 03:53 PM (Total replies: 65)

Jay,

Unless I'm missing something here. I do NOT understand how it is practical to find and list earnings for 1000 stocks or so with streaming tables. The amount of alerts set off each day with unwanted news items would be overwhelming, then to search through them for the earnings would be impractical.

Under the old system, one could download the earnings reports each day, computer search and list those stocks of interest, with the current date. Then it is simple matter to display the earnings report for each stock as it is being charted. With the old system, one not only knows the earnings for each stock, but also, the day it came out and the next time, 3 months later, it is expected to release new earnings--- No Surprises!!

I never want to own a stock on the day the earnings come out. Under the old system I know when the earnings are coming out.

Ed

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 8, 2004 12:44 PM (Total replies: 65)

Sasha:

I look at the earnings/share for the current quarter versus the earnings/share of the quarter a year ago and likewise for the revenue. I also record the date the earnings come, since the next earnings report for that company is usually 3 months later.
For Example for IBM: $1.16 vs $0.97 7/16/ 4 23153 vs 21631 The revenue numbers are in millions of dollars. This gives a clear picture if the company is making more money this year and if their revenue is going up or down. In addition, I expect the next earnings to be coming out around 10/16/ 4. Ed

Ed

Data and Content Support » Quarterly Earnings Oct 7, 2004 04:29 PM (Total replies: 65)

Dear Sir:

It is Extremely Important that you get the Quarterly Profits posted immediately!!! It is fundamental to trading stocks -- NOT ONLY the Earnings -- But also knowing when the next set of Earnings are coming out!!!

Your data system DTNIQ, becomes a bit worthless, if you do not provide the earnings reports. Individual stocks will jump up or down when their earnings come out. It is important to know when the earnings are expected. It is impossible to search 1 stock at a time for several hundred stocks to determine if the earnings are coming out. It is hard enough to do it when you miss a stock or two with the old system.

I cannot over emphasize how important it is to have the earnings reports. I cannot believe that anyone else is going to find this forum to complain. It took me quite awhile. Then, no one knew where I should submit my comments. I wonder if anyone at DTN will read this??

Ed
e-mail: D2Bike@Juno.com

Ed

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 7:16 AM CFBB v1.2.0 24 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003