Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: see3d
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 5, 2011 10:27 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
see3d has contributed to 2 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 4,617 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Add tick volume to futures time bars Sep 5, 2011 10:27 PM (Total replies: 1)

I should point out that having the total tick volume is very useful as above, but even more useful is to have two more cuts on the volume:
- Contract volume at ask (bid is just the difference between ask and total handled locally)
- Tick volume at ask

With all 4 types of volume measurements, Total and Ask for Contracts and Ticks, a complete set of indicators can be built around professional vs amateurs, and buying pressure vs selling pressure, while keeping the real time speed up and the local database small.

Thanks for your consideration of the above.

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Add tick volume to futures time bars Sep 4, 2011 08:17 PM (Total replies: 1)

I use IQFeed with a 3rd party charting program. I would love to have a continuous contract for @ES# that substituted the tick volume instead of the contract volume. Perhaps a different symbol like @ES#T, or perhaps there is another way.

With a tick based chart, I can get average trade size per bar, but with a time based chart I can't get this. Having both types of volume available would allow me to get average trade size per bar and moving averages that are tick based while staying in the time domain for the database.

The value of staying in the time domain for a symbol like @ES is my local database is orders of magnitude smaller for somethings like 5 seconds vs 1 tick. Back testing over a few months is not practical for me with a 1 tick database.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:15 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003