Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: andrewm
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 9, 2020 08:58 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
andrewm has contributed to 29 posts out of 19823 total posts (0.15%) in 2,070 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Bid and ask time would just be the update time of the value. If a bid is updated at 10am and I generate a 5-min summary 2 hours later that file generated at noon would show 10:00 bid time. If there have been no bids or offers that day the bid or ask value and time would show an empty field ",," not a zero value ",0,"

Please let me know if those bid/ask values carry over from previous 5-min periods. Thanks a lot.

Are the fields "Open,High,Low,Close" in these 5 min files the OHLC values for the full day? They're not the 5-min bar OHCL values, right?

Is any bid or ask value shown sure to be from the current trading day because any bids/offers resting in the book are cancelled at EOD?

Could you add bid-time and ask-time fields to these files?

The problem with HTX for bid/ask is it's the bid/ask at the time of the last trade so in this case it's a month old:

HTX,FAS2018I10,1
2020-08-03 12:03:13.727032,25.35,1,3,25.35,25.55,45940803,C,150,20,0,3, !ENDMSG!,

Looking at EDS, FDS and 5MS summary messages they say:

[Security Type] - Required – A number representing the desired security type. (Futures, equities, spots)

Are those the only 3 supported security types? I need equity options. Ideally I'd like to request an entire options chain based on the underlying ticker and get back the current BBO for each contract.

Those HTX messages give me the last trade price. I also need the most recent bid & ask. Is there a way to request only the most recent L1 Summary Message?

Thanks Gary. That looks like what I needed.

Until you set the protocol, HTX works on some symbols but not others. A bug?

HTX,ZSL,1
2020-08-28 19:01:42,7.3800,350,1744488,7.3500,7.3800,826423094,0,0,E,
!ENDMSG!,

HTX,IBM,1
!ENDMSG!,

S,SET PROTOCOL,6.1
S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,6.1

HTX,IBM,1
2020-08-28 19:04:37.451031,125.3000,30,3099795,125.0900,125.3000,1246452042,O,19,8717,0,28,
!ENDMSG!,

Is there some way to globally force all API connections to use 6.1 by default so we don't have to do SET PROTOCOL
on each connection?

How can I request just 1 quote on a symbol? or do I have to subscribe, wait for some quotes, unsubscribe?

IQFeed Developer Support » How well does IQ Feed work on Wine? Aug 27, 2020 09:51 PM (Total replies: 1)

How's IQ Feed running on Wine? Any known problems, instability, etc?

IQFeed Developer Support » Exchange ID vs Listed Market Aug 15, 2019 11:23 AM (Total replies: 3)

Looks like the ListedMarkets ("SLM") reply has been expanded to include group ID info since I last looked ages ago. I guess that's what's being used here. Right?

IQFeed Developer Support » Exchange ID vs Listed Market Aug 15, 2019 11:13 AM (Total replies: 3)

What's the difference between Exchange ID vs Listed Market in the Fundamental msg?

Please document the difference better here:
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/Level1FundamentalMessage.cfm

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Binary Protocol Aug 9, 2019 10:12 AM (Total replies: 12)

Actually a protobuf+gRPC API would be best. Then I don't have to build + maintain decoders for IQ's data protocols.

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Change date formats to ISO Aug 9, 2019 12:55 AM (Total replies: 1)

Currently dates are like 07/26/2019. In some future version of the API they should be yyyy-mm-dd

Historical bid/ask changes should really be included. Maybe not every bid/ask size change, but at least if the price level changes we should see that in the feed. Maybe coalesce the size changes to some max frequency if necessary.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Binary Protocol Aug 9, 2019 12:44 AM (Total replies: 12)

Yes a binary protocol would be better. I suspect that the Windows IQ Feed client probably gets fed binary data but then serves it as ASCII.

What is the max chars a symbol field can be?

What do values in the Last Trade Time field like this represent?
00:37:17a
00:37:17b
00:37:17t

Is that bid/ask/trade time?

Where is this documented?

Thanks

Thanks. Is there a programmatic way using the API?

When pulling historical or realtime data, how do you know what contact you're really looking at?

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Native Linux IQ Feed build Jul 14, 2019 08:57 PM (Total replies: 4)

Can we have a build of IQ Feed for Linux?

Is there a linux version coming?

Time: Fri October 23, 2020 3:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 0 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003