Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: AlexK
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 10, 2017 01:41 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
AlexK has contributed to 12 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.06%) in 2,398 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Minute interval data Oct 10, 2017 01:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

Also one more thing.

So for example Gold {Market break from 5-6-pm}

For example, a days data runs from.
10/09/17 6pm to 10/10/17 5:pm

What Time Stamp is on HIT Interval data for the entry at 10/09/17 8:pm
vs
the Time Stamp on the HIT data for the entry at 10/10/17 2:00 am ?

the first one occurs first sequentially, but I fear it may have a "timestamp" that would make it appear a "greater" value

that works, thank you for the clarification.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Minute interval data Oct 10, 2017 01:28 PM (Total replies: 5)

ok, thanks.

So If I setup configuration info on my end to determine what to look at, "what time zone" is returned with your data for the HIT api, so I can account for that.

For commodities that only close for an hour, like the E-mini Nasdaq-100 {hours 17:00 - 16:00},

I want to confirm what EOD Date will come in the data for both side of the above window, and during the close period.

For example, 10/10/17 at 5:30:pm, I would suspect that 10/10/17 would be the data date for today's End of Day Data in the Historical End of Day data feed.

If I run the HDT feed at 10/10/17 8:pm, after the market reopens, what data will be returned ?

I think it will be "in" 10/11/17 data, but not closed yet, so hopefully it will still send the last thing it has, 10/10/17 end of day data.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Minute interval data Oct 10, 2017 12:45 PM (Total replies: 5)

I am using the HIT API , with 60 second interval, to go back historically, to determine which of two values were hit first.

I set the begin time to 00.00.00 thinking this is the earliest setting for getting data for given date.
I noticed that the interval data changes, slightly, when the market is closed.

My question is, how can I determine the trading hours for a commodity, say Gold, so I can examine the interval data that is related to trades during normal hours.

Thanks

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » HIT API Oct 5, 2017 11:11 AM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks again for your quick responses...I've got it now.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » HIT API Oct 5, 2017 11:06 AM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks, this makes sense. So my last question on this topic:

If I change my interval to 60 seconds , the data that is returned will be for each second of data within those 60 seconds? Or will it be some average over the 60 seconds?

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » HIT API Oct 5, 2017 09:03 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello,

I'm using the HIT API (historical IntraDay data), and it doesn't seem to have much more than a few days of data for Futures contracts.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this the correct API for historical, intra-day data? Example:

sout.write("HIT," + symbol + ",1," + "20170101 075000," + ",,,093000,160000," + "1\r\n");

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical API Issue Oct 2, 2017 12:14 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thank you, again. So just to confirm: can you provide that continuous contract data in an API call historically or would I have to build that out myself in some manner?

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical API Issue Oct 2, 2017 09:14 AM (Total replies: 6)

Thank you for the quick response.

We are not using #C, ever. We are always using the unadjusted # on our API calls. In the example I gave you for July, we get different data back depending on whether we call the API on a daily basis through July vs calling the API to provide that July data later on (August, Sept, Oct, whatever).

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical API Issue Oct 2, 2017 09:10 AM (Total replies: 6)

We are using @xx#, NOT the adjusted continuous, and we are getting these different results based on WHEN the same API is run

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical API Issue Oct 2, 2017 08:32 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hello,

We're seeing a fairly significant issue with the HDT Historical API. Problem:

When we take Lead Hog (as an example), and run the API daily, we get a certain set of prices each day. In this example, on 7-24-17, Lean Hog is at price point $80.725 when we call the API each day in July. If we we wait and run the same HDT Historical API on say, October 1st, for the same day and commodity, we get a price of $66.975.

So, the same API yields different data, depending on when it's called. This is a huge problem for us and am wondering if there's a different API we should be calling historically, or if you see the same issue?

Thank you.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 7:44 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003