Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Gwater
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 02:38 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Gwater has contributed to 4 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.02%) in 6,156 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). Jun 19, 2007 02:38 PM (Total replies: 24)

Thanks for the info.
Edited by Gwater on Jun 21, 2007 at 10:46 AM

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). Jun 19, 2007 01:53 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: We don't have any plans to upgrade the satellite bandwidth. The majority of interest in our services for equities data is on the Internet, so that is where we are putting our resources for expansion.

--- Original message by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on Jun 19, 2007 01:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I had used Dtn Satellite for trading stocks for almost 8 years until switching recently, and it explains a lot of the issues that I had seen worsen over the last couple years, and particularly during fast markets. Switching was tough because dtn satellite had been so good to me for years, but obviously things change in the technology area all the time, and atleast now I don't need southern exposure wherever I live. ;)

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). Jun 19, 2007 01:34 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: Data is sent with various priority levels. Because the available bandwidth is fixed on the satellite, we know if the pipe is full based on how much we are sending. If the data is greater than the pipe, the higher priority data goes out, while the lower priority data is queued or possibly dropped (in extreme situations). Commodity exchange data has a higher priority than stocks on the satellite feed. Thus, there is very little chance that commodity data will ever be queued. Under most regular to heavy market conditions, there is plenty of bandwidth to send every tick for all the data.

--- Original message by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on Jun 19, 2007 12:53 PM
Do you have plans to upgrade your satellite bandwidth capability (switch satellites or other option) in the near future? It seems you aren't marketing the satellite service for stock customers as well, since its not easy to find info about it on your websites. Is it that you're focusing your resources on your internet datafeed for stock customers, and pretty much just trying to maintain the current stock satellite service for your current customers?

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). Jun 19, 2007 11:51 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote:
Quote: I've asked this question several times over the phone but could never get a solid answer. Basically I want to be able to stream all 3000+ symbols off nasdaq in real-time tick by tick. Is this possible using the satellite feed? Please outline any drawbacks or issues. I've seen some people saying they are streaming 50,000+ symbols at once from various exchanges but does this include every single tick for each of the symbols? Also how does the historical data stream work? Does it broadcast the data once per night/week/month? And does the historical feed include tick data for all exchanges and symbols and include trades. bids, asks and volume?
--- Original message by anomaly on May 8, 2007 12:26 AM
It is possible to stream all of the data via satellite. It is highly likely that you won't get every tick, because satellite is a limited bandwidth delivery method. During peak markets, it is likely that some data will be filtered. Satellite is also a one-way broadcast feed, with no feedback to the servers. Thus, if you have signal problems (you are guaranteed to have a signal problems at least periodically with Sun Spots or Rain Fade), you won't get data and there is no way to re-request data you missed.

There is zero historical equities information on Satellite. It is a broadcast feed of real time data only. We don't transmit historical chart data over satellite.

--- Original message by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on May 8, 2007 07:51 AM
"It is highly likely that you won't get every tick, because satellite is a limited bandwidth delivery method. During peak markets, it is likely that some data will be filtered.

Could you explain this more...does this mean there isn't enough bandwidth available in the satellite to deliver all of the data during peak markets, and/or the box can not process the bandwidth?

And how does it decide to do that...is data filtered randomly or across markets equally?

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 8:35 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003