Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Broad Market Index Data Missing on Satellite Today ? (INX, RUT, NYA.X, COMPX, XAX.X ...)
Author Topic: Broad Market Index Data Missing on Satellite Today ? (INX, RUT, NYA.X, COMPX, XAX.X ...) (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JoeD
-Interested User-

Posted: May 22, 2007 08:07 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
I received no data on the aforementioned symbols today. Every cash index I checked has friday 5/18 as the last of its data.

I am running on TS2000i and it appears all my other data categories were operating fine today.

Please find out what happened here.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 23, 2007 07:31 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Hello Joe,

To maintain compliance with exchange agreements we had to make some changes, part of that was changing all indices to have the .X suffix and placing each index within it's appropriate exchange specific database.

On symbols that had the .X already, I have not had any reports of these being problematic for anyone, but you may want to try deleting and re-adding a symbol to see if that works.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 23, 2007 11:18 AM          Msg. 3 of 7
I had a similar call where the customer experienced difficulties today. However, when he called in we realized that he had not changed them within global server. So as soon as he editted the symbols in both places we were fine.

If you have any problems at all getting the datafeed to work we are here until 6:pm CST and I would be more than happy to help if you would like to ask for me.

Tim

JoeD
-Interested User-

Posted: May 23, 2007 04:03 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Why don't you talk to your DTN database people and post a list of all the symbols they moved or changed this weekend. I am sure they had the list days before, why you guys kept it a secret instead of informing everyone ahead of time is beyond me, but do something to help the situation now.

Are DTN data clients supposed to guess at the symbols you relocated or otherwise modified and killed this past weekend. I obviously discovered some changes when a whole suite of my models went dead, but I expect the list goes well beyond the few symbols I noticed had died.

PLEASE POST A LIST OF THE AFFECTED SYMBOLS (OLD AND NEW) AND DESCRIPTIONS HERE. IF ITS LONG MAKE IT AN ATTACHMENT THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD. IT APPEARS OLD SYMBOLS WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED SO THEY CAN POPULATE THEIR NEW DATABASE AS THEY CAN'T CO-EXIST IN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME WITH A GLOBAL SYMOL LIST. ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED A SITUATION AND HOW YOU COULD NOT FORESEE THIS PROBLEM OR BOTHER TO TEST FOR THESE SORTS OF IMPLICATIONS IS COMPLETELY RECKLESS.

WHAT DOES DTN THINK IT IS SELLING THAT IT CAN ACT SO IRRESPONSIBLY YEAR AFTER YEAR. YOU HAVE MADE NO PROGRESS IN YOUR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS DESPITE NUMEROUS FAILURES OF THIS NATURE.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 23, 2007 05:13 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
A list of Indexes and their new databases (along with old and new symbols) are available at http://www.dtniq.com/product/index_symbols.xls . This is an MS Excel spreadsheet.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

JoeD
-Interested User-

Posted: May 23, 2007 09:48 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Thanks for the list Jay

In order to accomodate this major disaggregation of your index database, I added the following six databases that I was apparently already permissioned to receive with all the exchange fees I am already paying.

ARCA INDEXES
AMEX INDEXES
NYSE INDEXES
NASDAQ INDEXES
CME INDEXES
ICE INDEXES

Activating these various symbol collection templates in my global server should allow me to start collecting data in these tables tommorrow.

It appears that I still need to call and start paying $ 4.50 per month to keep getting the CBOE indexes and $3.75 more to keep receiving the DJ indexes based on the information on that list. I guess when your office opens tomorrow I can place the order and hopefully start getting those symbols by the end of the week.

I see that for the OPRA indices you want a $4 fee now as well, but please make sure your salespeople and billing system don't impose that $40 data surcharge on your dtniq pricelist when you aren't even providing options data on the satellite any longer. Surely DTN does not expect $40 a month surcharge to deliver a total of 30 OPRA index symbols, so please make sure this doesn't happen inadvertantly.

I cannot believe DTN management didn't realize it should provide clients with this extensive list of changes IN ADVANCE, and I find it quite distasteful that your firm is apparently also exploiting these changes by padding additional DTN service fees inside the couple of increases from the exchanges.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 23, 2007 10:29 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
We went ahead and authorized your system for the CBOE and Dow Jones databases. Assuming the programming hit your box, you should be able to add the symbols/databases to your Global server so you can start collecting data tomorrow. The $40 options surcharge will not apply to the indexes.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 11:17 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003