Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »dtn sat down
Author Topic: dtn sat down (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 01:24 PM          Msg. 1 of 13
I have not gotten any data since I rebooted early this morning what is going on? I am using tradestation 2000i.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 02:26 PM          Msg. 2 of 13
TradeStation 2000i it seems wasn't written properly to work with our D8080 receivers. The Global Server will start up and connected, but it looks like it is waiting for a timestamp or some other command before it will collect data. We are looking into it but TradeStation has said they will not make any changes to 2000i to fix the problem. If we can find a workaround, we will try, but we cannot make any guarantees since we didn't write the software.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 03:05 PM          Msg. 3 of 13
Well if your network team had tested it before they pushed it out then we wouldn't have this problem everything was working fine before the network got involved. Now it is going to cost me more money and time to try and fix a problem that should not have existed in the first place. My wife runs a help desk and everytime the network team thinks they know what is going on it screws up 1500 users they also push it out without testing they also don't much care and they also don't tell the help desk until the calls start coming in because they are too busy playing on the internet.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 03:32 PM          Msg. 4 of 13
Well, we do care. There is only one software package having problems, Tradestation. Our system is fully operational. Our Chammy and DTN.IQ for Satellite are functioning fine. So is Ensign, InvestorRT, OmniTrader, and LiveWire. I would love nothing more than for Omega to continue supporting the software you and many others are using. If they did support it, they would issue a patch for their programming error, and you too would be fully operational.

In the mean time, we are looking to see if we can find a way to "trick" Tradestation into working.

This issues is costing ME money too. I have thousands of dollars of Engineering resources trying to find a solution to a problem that is caused by a third party that is out of our control.

So, I would expect that you are giving the same pressure to the people who actually caused the problem, and have the power to fix the problem.... Omega.

Keep in mind, they wrote to our feed, we didn't write our feed to their software.

Hopefully we will have good news to share in the near future. One alternative is to switchout to a D8000 receiver. Tradestation does support that platform properly. Unfortunately, you will not be able to receive Equity Options on the D8000 receiver.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 03:44 PM          Msg. 5 of 13
My point is was the change tested "BEFORE" it was just shoved out?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 04:59 PM          Msg. 6 of 13
Yes. We tested on all of our platforms. We also notified all 3rd party software vendors more than 90 days ago of the change. I would guess that TradeStation didn't test their software with the change.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

RB_Trader
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 05:00 PM          Msg. 7 of 13
I am also not receiving any data today through my DTN RT satellite feed. I am using a RT Velocity receiver, with Tradestation 2000i.

The receiver's display is showing -E * in the top-right corner of the LCD, where it was previously displaying AE *. So it appears that data packets are not being received on Channel 1. Under the communications menu of the receiver, it shows "Ch1 Data Lock: No"

Can someone please tell me whether the Tradestation software glitch is causing the receiver to be unable to receive any data packets on Channel 1? The receiver's manual suggests that this could be caused by poor reception.

Also, if this problem is caused by the Tradestation software glitch, would the receiver currently work if I were to install the Chameleon software on my computer?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 05:16 PM          Msg. 8 of 13
RB_TRADER,

You would want to contact support with your TID. Most likely what happened is you were having reception problems when programming was sent out over the weekend. We need to hit your unit with programming again, then have our OPS group force some code to you which will update your display to show channel F and E. However, This is also when TradeStation will no longer work. We are looking at a couple of options to fool the Tradestation software into working, but it is early and I don't know yet if we will get it to work.

Right now, the only solution to run Tradestation 2000i is to use Dynastore software (still not tested here however) as a middleware, or switch to a D8000 receiver. Unfortunately, you cannot have Equity Options on a D8000 receiver.

If a D8000 receiver will work for you, we can get you switched out and ship the hardware when you call.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 06:20 PM          Msg. 9 of 13
You knew 2 years ago that omega was not supporting tradestation 2001. They went from a software company to a brokerage house. You should have at the very least tested it on your own in house units running tradestation which I'm sure you did not do! notifing a software vendor that you already know does not support a version of it's software any longer is a waste of time; does microsoft support windows 3 or 3.1 or 95 or 98 anymore? would you waste your time even asking or notifing them? Omega; as any software company that stops support on a product will basically say "so what" and ignore any requests to rewrite its software to accomodate anyone. Do you think Microsoft will rewrite code for windows 3 or 95 or even xp to accomodate your company? If you had tested this "change" before hand you would not be spending any extra money and neither would I, and neither of us would be dealing with this! Your "engineers" are on staff but there is a reasonable possibility that with Christmas coming they could use the overtime or the comp time, think about it. You obviously know nothing about a help desk; go spend some time in their shoes I doubt that you could cope with it very long especially on a day like today. DTN has THE BEST HELP DESK in your industry by far. covering up other dumb****s mistakes gets very tiring. get your screw up fixed. DO IT NOW

LWK
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 07:45 PM          Msg. 10 of 13
I agree with most of the comments in the previous posting. It’s unrealistic for DTN to assume that Omega Research would have supplied a patch for a discontinued product. DTN should have tested their feed on Tradestation before making the changes.

After spending the resources on a Tradestation 2000i platform, I would rather replace my data feed provider before replacing my trading software. So you better find a solution soon, if you expect to keep all your customers that are using Tradestation.

Why doesn’t DTN just rebroadcast the previous receiver program which was working with Tradestation? That would seem like an instant fix to the problem.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 08:37 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
What nobody seems to understand is that we have over 100,000 customers. Tradestation users represent a fraction of a percent of those customers. We can't roll back and effect 100,000+ users and 100+ 3rd party apps because one app is no longer supported by its manufacturer. All we would be doing is buying time for the next change that will break TS.

I DO know about running a help desk. I used to work in our support group. I still take customer calls, emails, and as you know, forum posts. Why.... because every customer is important to me. As you can see I don't take personal attacks well.

Please realize that even if we would have tested every 3rd party software that supports our feed (which is impossible since there are hundreds of them), we wouldn't hold up a release because ONE of them didn't update their software. There is also no way to notify our customers that are using that ONE software package since we have no idea what software you are using. The changes we made were to support the amount of volume in the market today. You may be willing to receive delayed, filtered, or sporatic quotes just so you can continue to use TradeStation, but our other 100,000+ customers would then be posting here telling me I am stupid to let a few dozen customers effect the dataflow for thousands. So, put yourself in DTN's shoes and you would have to make the same difficult decision.

I am upset that TS didn't write their software properly, just like you. It is also clear that you are complaining to DTN because we actually listen and it gives you an outlet (you know TS will tell you to pound sand). The TS user knows deep down that this isn't DTN's "fault".

This being said, there are 3 options available today, and we are trying to see if there are any other options we can make available:

1) Switch to a D8000 receiver
2) Use Dynastore software as middleware (hasn't been tested by DTN)
3) Switch to an Internet feed

Again, I wish this wasn't the case, but DTN isn't going to stand still because one third party software is no longer supported.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 12:27 PM          Msg. 12 of 13
We are testing internally a custom version of code for the D8080 receiver that we think may fix the tradestation software. Once internal testing is complete, we will send the code to individuals who are willing to test the fix as well. In order to test, you will need to contact us with your TID number. Please contact customer support with your TID and we will send the test code to your satellite receiver in hopes of correcting the problem.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 01:59 PM          Msg. 13 of 13
Internal testing shows that the custom D8080 code has correct the issue with TradeStation software. We have forced this code to a few customers who have provided their TID, and it appears to be working. If you are not one of the people who has contacted us with their TID, please do so we can get you unit programmed to work with TradeStation.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 7:50 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003