Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »IQFeed connection not working with Matlab
Author Topic: IQFeed connection not working with Matlab (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

andrei
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 12:15 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
Trying to get the S&P500 stock components with below logic:

history(q,char(stocks(n)),{'01/01/2011','08/23/2013'},'Daily');

where stocks is a cell array with all 500 components.
put this in a loop, with 4 sec delay, and the history command will stop returning the total amount of days for a specific symbol.

For example:

Symbol: EXPD, Nr.of days collected:665
Symbol: EXPE, Nr.of days collected:665
Symbol: F, Nr.of days collected:1

Symbol: CVS, Nr.of days collected:665
Symbol: CVX, Nr.of days collected:1

Symbol: CBE, Nr.of days collected:665
Symbol: CBG, Nr.of days collected:14

each time the program will reach these particular symbols, the history will stop returning the proper amount of days requested.
The workaround is to close-down Matlab (IQF connection may remain open) and open it again.

Are there any troubleshooting means, any diagnostic commands that could help - for example assess if the connection to IQFeed is still operational ?

I assume I'm not the only one trying to download the components of an index from within matlab - are there any working samples available anywhere?

Thx

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 23, 2013 11:14 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello Andrei,

Sorry to have missed this, were you able to get this worked out since this post?

Tim

mongfa
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 12:44 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
I also have this problem. could you give us sample code or solution?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 01:28 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Hello Mongfa,

I am sorry, but I do not have access to MatLab's API documentation so we would recommend going to them for support. All of the samples I would have to illustrate what you are doing require an IQFeed API subscription. But, what I see in the code above appears to make sense, so if you are having the same issue in your loops, I would certainly check with Matlab to see if they have an update or any advice that they could give. If there is a systematic issue with their API interface, I would think this would be a common call for them to receive if so.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Jul 28, 2014 at 01:29 PM

mongfa
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 06:25 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
same loops code with another datafeed is working correctly. but it's not work with iqfeed

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 07:39 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
Good morning,

That type of logic works within our API as well, so I do not know what the issue that you are having is. There are features within our API that would allow me to help further, all I can do is hope that MatLab has the same kind of thing within their system to help you get past this.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help here,
Tim

Time: Tue April 16, 2024 5:30 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003