Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical tick data issues
Author Topic: Historical tick data issues (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jphiggs
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 11:57 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
A couple questions:

1) I see bad tick data on a regular basis, in downloaded tick data, in instruments like the S&P 500 sector ETFs. I assume the same for individual stock data though I don’t gather that. I don’t see the same thing for liquid futures coming from the CME for example. See below for a sample. Do your clients have to write their own algorithms to eliminate these programmatically?

2) I’ve often noted a discrepancy between volume data for tick downloads that I’ve summed myself and the Total Volume reported in the IQFeed tick data. See below for an example from 2/22/19 business day that began 2/21/19 at 6pm ET. Seems like some records were dropped that totaled 7 contracts in this single example. At the end of the day the difference can be quite substantial. I downloaded this data three times over several days and all results were identical. Can you explain what may be happening here?

File Attached: ESTotal.PNG (downloaded 1122 times)

jphiggs
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 12:00 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Attachment

File Attached: ES1.PNG (downloaded 1146 times)

jphiggs
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 12:00 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Attachment

File Attached: XLV.PNG (downloaded 1114 times)

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 06:42 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello, concerning the trades in question. These are valid trades so it will be up to you to filter within your app. However we provide some help on filtering these by sending the trade conditions for each trade along with a classification of last-qualified or non-last-qualified. In your example, all of these trades are non-last-qualifed ODDLOT trades. Additionally, 4 of the 5 are labeled as CASH trades with the 5th being labeled as TTEXEMPT.

You will have to do some experimentation to figure out exactly which types trades you want to exclude from your analysis.

I am still looking into the volume discrepancy however, generally speaking, summation of tick volumes and comparing to total volumes is not a valid data verification technique because frequently these will not match up due to corrections, inserts, deletes, etc by the exchange.

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 4:08 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003