Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: mvo
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2011 08:19 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
mvo has contributed to 8 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.04%) in 5,490 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Hi,
How much extra CPU and network traffic overhead is added when I connect two (as opposed to one) instances of my socket-based application to IQconnect? Both instances are requesting the identical data in terms of the ticker list and dynamic fields.
I tried that a couple days ago and didn't see any noticeable increase in CPU utilization - just want to confirm my observation. CPU stayed at around 15% for 1300 tickers.

What happens if second app is requesting the same fields as the first app plus some more? Will IQconnect be delivering just a single superset of two requested subsets and then distribute whatever is requested by each or will it stream over the Internet two separate sub-feeds for two clients?

Thanks

Jay, no, not yet. I have only one account that I use for staging and reliability at this point is much more critical to me than a CPU load.

You can run IQConnect on Wine under Linux. Works well for me, handles 500 symbols on one core of a dual-core 3.0G CPU with load averaging 5-15% and peaking at 25-40% during the fast market.

DTNIQ Client Software Wish List » IQConnect suggestion Apr 14, 2009 10:09 AM (Total replies: 1)

I'd like to suggest that DTN team considers stripping out calculation of "unnecessary" derived fields in IQConnect when user is not subscribing those with Dynamic Fieldset. This should substantially reduce IQConnect CPU utilization, especially during the fast market.
Personally, I use only 1/8th of the total available fields, and none of them are calculated.

Thanks,
M.

IQFeed Developer Support » Complete US equities list Apr 10, 2009 03:51 PM (Total replies: 2)

No, I do not need realtime data beyond 1000-1300 names.
What I am looking for is to obtain a complete list of tickers, and ideally one 'end of a day' fundamental record with split, dividend etc information for all stocks.

Given that most of the fundamental message fields are static, it seems odd that it is being delivered via realtime port.

IQFeed Developer Support » Complete US equities list Apr 10, 2009 03:29 PM (Total replies: 2)

I'm trying to find a way to extract a complete list of US-listed equities.
I figured I could do that by going trough mktsymbols.txt file and filtering by the 'security type' field in fundamental data messages.
The problem with this appears to be that to get the fundamental message - I have to use port 5009, which allows only a limited set of subscriptions.

Is there any other workaround to get a complete list of US stocks besides wEachSymbol / rEachSymbol on port 5009?

IQFeed Developer Support » ID in symbol lookup? Apr 9, 2009 02:49 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is there a complete list of US equities as well?

IQFeed Developer Support » IQConnect freezes client app socket Apr 8, 2009 02:43 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hello,

I noticed that during a fast moving market IQConnect often freezes and takes almost entire CPU core.
Yet at the same time my client application, that is doing nothing but poll() and read(), is running completely idle.
In fact, at the time when I see CPU IQConnect CPU usage hitting 95%+, my app is sitting on poll() waiting for the socket to become ready to read.
Apparently IQConnect overflows its internal socket buffer and blocks the socket almost entirely. In such cases poll() returns readable status only once a minute or so.

The first solution that came to my mid was to open an individual socket for each symbol (out of 500) I am watching, or one for all symbols beginning with 'A', one with 'B', etc.. 26 total.
Theoretically, the average socket buffer fill-up rate should be reduced by the factor that equals to the number of sockets and effectively "spread" the peak data load among multiple socket buffers, thus allowing my client app to read each of them sequentially or in parallel.

My questions are following:
1. How many simultaneous socket connections do you allow per account / IQClient session?
2. Do I need to initialize the connection once or for each socket?

Thanks,
M.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 4:41 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003