Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: flashbang
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 25, 2013 04:14 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
flashbang has contributed to 3 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 4,441 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Dear Dtn,

IB just launched CFDs on more than 1200 European shares, including liquid small caps. This basically means that these most interesting issues became tradeable commission and leverage (1:10) wise.

But there is no single provider of European market data at the retail level.

This is such a great niche to be taken by you, please can you consider adding these markets to your current offering?
Maybe you could arrange a poll to find out how many of us want such an addition?

Thanks.

==========
CFD News From Interactive Brokers

We pleased to announce the expansion of our CFD product line to now include contracts having European small cap as well as Japanese shares as their underlying. In the case of the European offering, where IB previously offered contracts based upon medium and large cap issues as well as the major indexes, we will now offer trading in small cap shares which report free float adjusted market capitalization of at least USD 250 million and median daily trading value of at least USD 300 thousand. The Japanese contracts represent an new country offering which will include the constituent shares of the Nikkei 225 index.

With this expansion, IB's CFD product line now covers approximately 1,800 shares, including the constituent shares of the following indices:

United States S&P 500, DJA, Nasdaq 100
United Kingdom FTSE 350 + Liquid Small Cap (incl. IOB)
Germany Dax, MDax, TecDax + Liquid Small Cap
Switzerland Swiss portion of STOXX Europe 600 (48 shares)
France CAC Large Cap, CAC Mid Cap + Liquid Small Cap
Netherlands AEX, AMS Mid Cap + Liquid Small Cap
Belgium BEL 20, BEL Mid Cap + Liquid Small Cap
Italy FTSE MIB + Liquid Small Cap
Spain IBEX 35
Japan Nikkei 225

· Commission rates which are generally less than that of the underlying stock and in no circumstances higher (as low as 0.02%, maximum 0.05%)

· Margin requirements as low as 10% (i.e., 10:1 leverage)

· Overnight financing rates ranging from GBP Libor +/- 0.5% to +/- 1.5%)

· No UK stamp duty or French FTT

Edited by flashbang on Apr 25, 2013 at 04:17 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » HDX eod historical data request not working Feb 23, 2012 10:30 AM (Total replies: 1)

I'm in contact with support about this, will post if discover anything.

IQFeed Developer Support » HDX eod historical data request not working Feb 23, 2012 07:48 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hi, guys,

I send multiple consequent eod data requests during my application startup to retrieve 30 last days of eod data. Requests look like this:

HDX,BCO,30,1,eod_11,30

Before the long weekend 20 Feb 2012 everything worked well. After the weekend I receive data only for first several requested symbols (usually one to twelve). After that no response from the lookup socket.

Initially I was requesting all the symbols eod I needed in one go and then proceeded receiving data. I thought that dtn queued my requests serverside and then returned data as it was retrieved from the database.

So I guessed you capped number of requests somehow and tried requesting eod data symbol by symbol (request eod for one symbol, receive it, then request another), but strangely enough this didn't help, and historical requests stall quickly (usually after data for 12 symbols has been returned).

Can you help?

Thanks.

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 1:56 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003