Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: N4Apound
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 5, 2022 08:08 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
N4Apound has contributed to 4 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.02%) in 4,324 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » How to create bar from tick data Dec 5, 2022 08:08 AM (Total replies: 22)

Thanks Gary.

IQFeed Developer Support » How to create bar from tick data Dec 4, 2022 10:02 AM (Total replies: 22)

I am also trying to build interval bars from tick data.
My builds NEARLY match iqfeed interval bars, however there is a mismatch when ticks occur whose time label is on the exact interval boundary end time.

I observe (and expect) that iqfeed intervals are INCLUSIVE of the exact interval start time and I expect NON-inclusive of the interval end time. Both cannot be inclusive because resulting interval bars would overlap.

So an iqfeed 1minute interval bar labeled "09:31:00" should include all ticks from 09:30:00.000000 up through 09:30:59.999999.

But there seems to be a problem that if a tick happens to occur at 09:31:00.000000, it is included also in the iqfeed interval bar labeled "09:31:00". But that tick should instead belong only to the "09:32:00" interval, right?

IQFeed Developer Support » autoconnect Jun 19, 2012 05:30 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks, that worked great.

Just for completeness, it may be worth updating the API doc to include your statement and also correct the example given:

"IQConnect.exe -product <REMOVED> -version 1.0.0.0 -login 100000 -password 1234 -autoconnect"

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/InitializingTheFeed.cfm

Best regards,
N4
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 26, 2019 at 09:08 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » autoconnect Jun 18, 2012 10:17 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hello,
I am SHELLing iqconnect.ext as per the documentation and ending the string with "-autoconnect". Because of this, I expect the pop-up to automatically connect and go away.

But what is currently happening when I run my program is that the popup appears with the login box entered correctly, but I have to manually click the "Connect" button on the popup. It then connects and goes away correctly. The "Automatically Connect" checkbox is not checked on the popup when it appears. I am using IQfeed 4.8.1.7

For me to only have to click the Connect button and nothing else, I think my password and product must also be entering correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
N4

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 6:30 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003