Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: richinger
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 28, 2005 07:52 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
richinger has contributed to 17 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.08%) in 7,104 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

DTN Satellite Products » satellite/8080 down again? Dec 13, 2004 10:33 AM (Total replies: 0)

What's going on at DTN Satellite? This is the third week out of the last four that I am having data problems. Today, it started out with no indexes being received (other market data was OK). Then about an hour into the market, suddenly the receiver goes *croak* - the indexes receive a few ticks, then no more indexes OR STOCKS OR OPTIONS. (delayed commodities seem to be OK... that was last week's problem).

This is getting wearisome. DTN used to be rock stable, but recently it has been anything but stable.

Is no-one else on this board having this problem? Or have you all given up?

As an addendum, my receiver indicates that is currently has the beta version of software recently downloaded to repair the problem some users were having with Tradestation, version B3.08.04.

I put up a thread about this yesterday. Have had no response yet. It's a bigger problem than first thought... it's not just COMEX... it's ALL commodities. What's perverse is that I can receive the pit symbols (+GC5G) but not the normal symbols (GC5G). This appears to be true for all commodity symbols in the list. (I receive the commodities on a delayed basis).

I've spent 90 minutes with DTN realtime tech support, accross three phone calls, and there is no progress. We've reentitled the receiver (twice), gone through shutdowns/reboots, nothing changes... the symbols are not in the datafeed. I've talked to Ensign tech support, and they say they've seen the problem but not with 8080 receivers (and they don't have one to check it against).

After the debacle several weeks ago where the 8000 receivers were trashed, I was hoping that the 8080 would make for smoother sailing. I'm not happy with this turn of events and need help NOW!

Thanks again in advance...

Dick

I use Ensign for my application with DTN Satellite.

I did not receive quotes for many commodity symbols today. Ensign support supposed that cycling power on my 8080 receiver and having DTN support refresh the profile would repair the problem. I've done that.

Now what I want to do is capture the daily O-H-L-C data for today that is refreshed overnight. Every time I ask about this on the phone, I'm told to do it "after midnight", when is when the essential refresh takes place. Trouble is, "after midnight" is the next day, and all Ensign does is save the data in the next-date fields of the daily records.

Please inform me when the latest refresh is available for today's data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am not receiving any [delayed] quotes on the comex markets I follow... gold, silver, or oil. I put in a call to DTN this am and they indicated they would put up a trouble ticket on it. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it my setup?

I see that the pit symbols (e.g., +GC4Z) are ticking fine, but it's the regular session symbols (GC4Z) that are dead. All contracts.

This data received fine yesterday. I reset my receiver and restarted the Ensign software this morning, and saw no changes. All other market data (stocks, options, indexes) are all OK.

Can someone else verify that they are (or are not) receiving this data on the same setup (satellite/8080)?

Thanks for any help.

Dick

Data and Content Support » +GC4Z vs GC4Z Nov 16, 2004 08:19 AM (Total replies: 1)

I just received my 8080 receiver, to replace the 8000 receiver that was trashed last week. I now see that certain futures symbols that used to be refreshed (e.g. GC4Z) now no longer are ticking after market open, but their counterparts named "+GC4Z" are in fact ticking, and although I can't make the comparison, they appear to have the same prices as the "old style" tickers.

What's going on here? I use Ensign for my PC software, and keep charts (daily as well as intraday) on most of the currently trading futures. Now it appears that without a massive effort on my part (copying each of the history files into an equivalent version prepended with a '+'), I will lose all of this data.

I used DTN.IQ for the two days that I did not have a receiver, and the GC4Z symbol ticked very nicely in that feed. Is this a problem that I can fix here?

Thanks in advance.

richinger

DTN Satellite Products » DTN Satellite down? Nov 12, 2004 08:34 AM (Total replies: 2)

I have no signal to my Velocity receiver at market open today Friday. I've been on telephone hold to RT Tech Support for half an hour. No indication on the recording (why?) and nothing here on the forum.

Help!!!

Thanks...

richinger

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 10:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003