Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: anomaly
About Contact
Last Post: May 8, 2007 12:26 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
anomaly has contributed to 6 posts out of 21184 total posts (0.03%) in 6,198 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 8, 2007 12:26 AM (Total replies: 24)

I've asked this question several times over the phone but could never get a solid answer. Basically I want to be able to stream all 3000+ symbols off nasdaq in real-time tick by tick. Is this possible using the satellite feed? Please outline any drawbacks or issues. I've seen some people saying they are streaming 50,000+ symbols at once from various exchanges but does this include every single tick for each of the symbols? Also how does the historical data stream work? Does it broadcast the data once per night/week/month? And does the historical feed include tick data for all exchanges and symbols and include trades. bids, asks and volume?

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 6, 2007 09:49 PM (Total replies: 24)

Why on earth do you charge $400 for the sdk? If it were free I would certainly subscribe to the satellite service but $400 is a bit of an insane price to pay for data you have already paid to have access to.

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 3, 2007 01:23 AM (Total replies: 24)

Ok but if you're saying that Ensign or InvestorRT can process this data and possibly export it then there must be a way to feed the data from the receiver into my app. I am a low level/reverse engineer by profession so have no problem in making an effort at trying to figure out how to decode the data. How does the data from the receiver get to those apps (Ensign and InvestorRT)? I heard that you need some kind of serial interface so is there some kind of serial software plugin for those apps? Is the protocol anything like the data that is streamed into dastrader pro (dastrader.com) which also uses bit swapping and cross referencing when they formulate packets?

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 2, 2007 03:05 PM (Total replies: 24)

Is it possible to get some sample data from the satellite feed coming from the receiver so that I can take a look at it and with some info on what symbol data it contains? I really want this service but if it's not going to work for me I'd rather not waste my time with it.

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 1, 2007 06:44 PM (Total replies: 24)

Thanks for the lightning response! What I meant by "all of the data from the exchange" is simply the trades, bids, asks, volume etc. for each symbol on nasdaq for example. Does the satellite feed deliver this? So the data is binary? Is it decrypted before being passed from the receiver to the pc. I don't mind spending time figuring out the protocol that encapsulates the data but if it's encrypted then thats another thing.
Edited by anomaly on May 1, 2007 at 06:45 PM

DTN Satellite Products » Satellite feed to personal app (how?). May 1, 2007 06:32 PM (Total replies: 24)

What I want to do is collect streamed data from the satellite feed for use in my personal app later on. What hardware (cables, adaptors etc.) do I need to accomplish this? Once the data has come through the receiver box is it still encrypted or is it in a form where it can be decoded or seen in plain text? Does ALL of the data for all exchanges come through the receiver box or is there some kind of filtering system? I am seriously considering subscribing to the satellite feed but need to have these questions answered before doing so. Thanks.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 9:06 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003