DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jpaladin
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 2, 2008 09:36 AM
Interests: stock trading
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jpaladin has contributed to 2 posts out of 21251 total posts (0.01%) in 6,079 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » basic socket question Feb 2, 2008 09:36 AM (Total replies: 1)

I am new to sockets, and figuring out this sample application code :

while (true ) {

line = in.readLine();

sout.write(line+"\r\n");
sout.flush();

if (line.trim().equals("x") ) {break;}

}

So, why does in.readLine() block, and what could it possibly be waiting for ?
Setting a break point after in.readLine() it never hits.
I guess socket code blocks by default when you tell it to read, and it is empty ?

I see that "in" is a System.in socket, so I guess it is some kind of global server socket.

When it gets something, it is reflected to the IQFeed socked that I watch for my data, so I would like to know what I might have to deal with while watching the data.

if an "x" arrives my whole feed is going to be shutdown.

So, I would like to better understand this code.

Joe paladin

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect Historical Data Time Stamping Feb 2, 2008 09:18 AM (Total replies: 5)

If I read these posts correctly, the datafeed sends the actual trades, with the correct time stamps, but they don't always arrive in time stamp order ?

I believe that my graphing code could tolerate this, since it just draws lines between the next two data points. However, this could throw a big wrench in my analysis routines which assume that ticks loaded to a vector are moving forward in time.

I could add a method to reorder the ticks, which would be fine for graphing at the end of the day. Reordering would to be to expensive to apply in realtime though.

I may need to add a filter that drops any back dated ticks before they get added to my tick stream Vector. This approach might also work for SierraChart.

Joe paladin

Time: Fri September 20, 2024 7:21 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003