Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Multiple Connections to port 9100
Author Topic: Multiple Connections to port 9100 (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

akailash
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 5, 2006 08:55 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Is there any known issue with multiple connections to port 5900. I currently have 4 connections to L1 port and 4 connections to L2. When I start watch on 250 symbols, initially I am able to retrieve data from IQFeed but after some random time, I am not able to retrieve data. I can see that IQFeed is still retrieving data and CPU goes to 100% but either my application is not pulling data or IQFeed is not publishing it. Do you think multiple connections might cause this issue?
Edited by akailash on Dec 5, 2006 at 09:18 AM

akailash
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 5, 2006 09:07 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Updating above post ... I connect to 5009 (for multiple L1) and 9200 (for multiple L2).

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 5, 2006 09:34 AM          Msg. 3 of 7
Quote: Is there any known issue with multiple connections to port 5900. I currently have 4 connections to L1 port and 4 connections to L2. When I start watch on 250 symbols, initially I am able to retrieve data from IQFeed but after some random time, I am not able to retrieve data. I can see that IQFeed is still retrieving data and CPU goes to 100% but either my application is not pulling data or IQFeed is not publishing it. Do you think multiple connections might cause this issue?
Edited by akailash on Dec 5, 2006 at 09:18 AM
--- Original message by akailash on Dec 5, 2006 08:55 AM
Are you watching 250 symbols total or 250 symbols on each port?

Additionally, are you watching the same symbols (and number of symbols) on L2 as you are on L1?

akailash
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 5, 2006 06:30 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
I am watching total of 250 L1 symbols, distributed across 4 L1 ports.
Also I am watching same 250 symbols on L2 again distributed across 4 L2 ports.

My application is able to process all data for a while but then it seems to loose connection to IQConnect.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 6, 2006 10:51 AM          Msg. 5 of 7
can you post your symbol list?

Is this something that worked for you previously or are you just developing this app?

Have you tested this with our latest beta release?

akailash
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2006 12:02 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Following is my symbol list
Mostly this is Nasdaq 100, NYSE 100 and some Amex.

AA,AACC,AAME,AANB,AAON,AAPL,AATI,AATK,AAUK,ABFS,ABT,ACL,ADBE,ADP,ADSK,AIG,AKAM,ALL,ALTR,ALXA,AMAT,AMGN,AMLN,AMOT,AMZN,AOB,APCC,APOL,
ATPG,ATVI,AUDC,AUY,AXP,BA,BAC,BAX,BBBY,BEAS,BHI,BIIB,BK,BLS,BMD,BMET,BMY,BNI,BRCM,BSML,BSX,BUCA,BUD,C,CAH,CAT,CCL,CDNS,CDWC,CELG,CELL,
CHCI,CHKP,CHRW,CHRZ,CKFR,CL,CMVT,COP,COST,CPSI,CRAY,CREL,CSCO,CTAS,CTSH,CTXS,CVX,D,DD,DELL,DIA,DIS,DISH,DNA,DOW,DSP,DTAS,DUK,DVN,
EBAY,EEM,EFA,EMC,EMR,EQIX,ERIC,ERTS,ESRX,EWH,EWJ,EWT,EWZ,EXC,EXPD,EXPE,FAST,FDC,FDRY,FDX,FISV,FLEX,FNM,FRE,GAIT,GCOM,GE,GENZ,GILD,GLGC,GLW,
GNSS,GNSY,GOOG,GRMN,GS,GW ,HAL,HD,HIG,HON,HPQ,IACI,IBM,INTC,INTU,ISRG,ITW,IWM,JDSU,JNJ,JNPR,JOYG,JPM,KLAC,KMB,KO,KRY,LAMR,LEH,LLTC,LLY,LMT,
LNCR,LOW,LRCX,MCD,MCHP,MDT,MEDI,MER,MET,MICC,MMM,MNST,MO,MOT,MRK,MRO,MRVL,MS,MSFT,MXIM,NIHD,NTAP,NTLI,NVDA,NWS,NXG,OEF,OIH,ORCL,OXY,
PAYX,PCAR,PDCO,PEP,PETM,PFE,PG,PRU,PTEN,QCOM,RHAT,RIG,RIMM,ROST,RTH,S,SBUX,SEPR,SGP,SHLD,SIAL,SIRI,SLB,SMH,SNDK,SO,SPLS,SPR,SPY,STA,STI,
SUNW,SYMC,T,TEVA,TGT,TLAB,TWX,TXN,TXU,TYC,UNH,UPS,URBN,USB,USO,UTX,VIA,VLO,VRSN,VZ,WAG,WB,WFC,WFMI,WLP,WM,WMT,WYE,WYNN,XLB,XLE,XLF,
XLNX,XLY,XMSR,XOM,XRAY,YHOO

This is new application. I am currently testing with 4.1.1.1 and 4.1.2
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Dec 6, 2006 at 02:07 PM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 6, 2006 02:24 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
akailash, I edited your post so it doesnt scroll the forum side to side quite as bad.

My first concern is to find out why you are splitting the data to different connections. This shouldnt be causing an issue but I assume you are doing this to "load balance" the work across multiple socket connections? I haven't done any actual testing on what performance gain you can get out of your app doing this (if any) so any insight you can provide as to why you are doing it this way would be helpful in solving this issue.

My next concern is that we only provide L2 on Nasdaq symbols. About half of your list is NASDAQ which means you are only actually watching around 125 L2 symbols. If you haven't already done so, you might want to take that into consideration if you are trying to "load balance" the data across the 4 connections.

Next, L2 data is far more "intensive" than L1 data. The last time I checked, it was around a 4.5 to 1 ratio (meaning on average 4.5 times as much data comes across a L2 port watching a symbol than on a L1 port watching the same symbol). Once again, this is something that should be considered if you are trying to load balance.

Now, my first recommendation I can provide you is to try updaing to our latest beta version posted on the website. In the 4.2.x versions, there were serveral performance increases implemented concerning L2 as well as a few bugs fixed dealing specificly with L2 that were causing IQConnect to crash.

As for further information for testing this.

Can you give me some specs on your system (CPU, RAM, OS, etc) and I will try running your watchlist in the same environment that you are and see if I experience the same issues.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Dec 6, 2006 at 02:26 PM

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 10:37 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003