Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Bad Ticks using IQFeed Real-Time Feed
Author Topic: Bad Ticks using IQFeed Real-Time Feed (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

gidon
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2007 06:17 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hello,
I'm using IQFeed real-time feed through QuoteLink (RTD functions into Excel).
In the last few days, I noticed that there are more bad ticks than before (in the pas I had almost none). I was wondering if there is any reason for that?
In general, do you use bad ticks filter for your feed?
Does the new version/server you switching to should reduce or solve the problem?
Thanks,
Gidon

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 10, 2007 09:05 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
What are you referring to as a "bad tick"? Are you indicating simply that a price is out of line with where something is trading? Or are you referring to something else?

In General, ee do not filter data from the exchange. This means that the bad ticks you are experiencing should be originating from the exchange.

All data that is "cleaned up" is done only in historical data.

I do not believe there is any plans to start filtering ticks in IQFeed.

As a result, the new servers will not reduce the number of bad ticks you receive.

cj
-Interested User-

Posted: May 13, 2007 05:15 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
I have seen the exact same thing too...

Stocks that for a few prints... Last Trade... that are so out of whack that it is crazy...

Like IBM... 103, 103, 103.01, 1800, 1845, 103.01, 103.02... etc with other stocks too.

that is what he means and that is what i mean too...

I am also usint QuoteLink too with RTD format and then charting the results from my excel spreadsheet - so, yes, i can see these bad ticks all day long everyday... about 10 to 15 times a day...

cj...

HAVE STOP - WILL TRADE
Edited by cj on May 13, 2007 at 05:18 PM
Edited by cj on May 13, 2007 at 05:19 PM

gidon
-Interested User-

Posted: May 14, 2007 03:04 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Thank you. I now realize that the bad ticks are not coming from you but from the exchange. We would like to buid a bad ticks filter and for that I will appreciate your help.
Can you characterize the behavior of these bad ticks? In particular, can you tell me if these bad ticks are only individuals ticks (meaning, that the data is corrupted for a signle tick and the following tick will be OK)?
Any other information about these bad ticks will be helpful for us (or anyone else) to build this kind of filter.
Gidon

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 11:30 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003