Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »what happened to Russell AND Goldman Indexes this week, No Data Today on RUT.X, RUI.X GSO.X etc...
Author Topic: what happened to Russell AND Goldman Indexes this week, No Data Today on RUT.X, RUI.X GSO.X etc... (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JoeD
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 4, 2007 06:44 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Jay, etc

Did you guys make more changes to the Index databases this weekend. I noticed the Russell at first and now see many more symbols all stopped working collecting in my database today.

Please let me know what changes need to be made on the database setup or whatever changed. Were symbols moved from the OPRA database to something else, and was I not permissioned for that database ?

I haven't spent the time to check every index, you should know what has changed I hope.

If you didn't make changes then find out if permissioning is messed up on my account with new month ?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 03:16 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hi Joe,
We have made no new changes to the indexes, just the changes we made May 18th. Are you adding the .X extension to your index symbols? And what software are you using to track the indexes?

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

JoeD
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 04:43 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Stan,

I already made the old .X changes, and the additional recent .X changes and database table relocations last week. Please see the two posts of last week. Wasn't it obvious when I specifically said "RUT.X" etc in my post. I am still using tradestation 2000i.

The point is that the Russell RUT.X index was working through friday June 1, 2007, which was after the other recent changes were implemented and I the RUT.X was working in the new database table. DTN already screwed me with surprise changes two weeks ago that left me with gaps all over the place.

Obviously something happened to either these symbols or my account that partially undid some of the numerous fixes recently implemented. I didn't change anything on my setup over the weekend.

Did you talk to Jay to see if anything was actually done. Are you really sure they didn't move these symbols from OPRA, or maybe do something to the permissioning on my account. Jay knows what was done to my account to get the stuff working last week so he might be able to get it fixed if the problem is with the account. If they moved the symbols but left the names the same, that would also kill them for me so you need to find that out.

Please look into these issues and get some real information. Another day has been wasted and I don't have a solution tonight.

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 05:46 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hello Joe,

Sorry about all of the confusion here. I am not able to look up your account, so it may be easier to get this resolved if you just shoot me an email. The address is sarah.sexton@dtn.com. RUT.X is still in the OPRA database, which I am unable to check your authorizations for without more info from you. I am wondering if some sort of database refresh went through over the weekend, and like you said, undid the changes. Do you know if any programing has been sent to your databox since the index changes? Any codes added to the account? Please email me so we can get this resolved for you, I do apologize for all of the wasted time today.

Thanks,

Sarah

dtn mike driscoll
-Active Trader Management-

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 06:54 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Joe,

Thanks for your patience with this. The OPRA exchange needed to be reentitled on the TID. The symbols should be working for you at the open. Again we apologize for the issues with the indexes. Please contact us right away if you are still experiencing any issues at the open.

Thanks,
Mike Driscoll

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 1:40 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003