Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Is anyone else seeing large delays in streaming data today?
Author Topic: Is anyone else seeing large delays in streaming data today? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Neil Brennan
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:09 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
We have noticed what seem to be very large delays in the data from most servers tonight (and have reconnected a number of times looking for an up-to-date server).

Particularly, we have noticed:
66.112.156.110 appeared to be 316 seconds behind at 10:54
66.112.156.229 appeared to be 485 seconds behind at 10:53
66.112.148.220 appeared to be 26 seconds behind at 10:48

We finally connected to 66.112.148.229 which seems to be up-to-date at the moment.

Have any other users seen this behavior? Can anyone at IQFeed confirm/refute what we seem to be seeing?

Regards,

Neil Brennan

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:20 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
I do not have a lot of details at this point but I can confirm that there has been delays in the feed today.

Neil Brennan
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 09:05 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Hi Steve,

Can you confirm the times we were seeing? 8 Minutes is a long, long time in the market.

Do you track this yourselves? When we ring tech support they always seem surprised there is a delay, and ask us for the server details.

Also, how is it that different servers seem to have such different delays?

Regards,

Neil Brennan

Greg7788
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:27 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Along these lines, I have been logged into the 156 servers and have noticed August expiration SPX options to be a few minutes delayed all week.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 08:24 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
The delays being seeing are a factor of the market data being processed, the number of customers on the server, and the number of symbols being watched by those customers. This is what would cause the delays to be different depending which server you are connected to. If you happen to be on a server that has more users who watch more symbols, that server will be busier and possibly unable to keep up.

We have installed an additional 8 servers last night (4 on each server farm). We hope this will help. We have also ordered an additional 20 servers.

Because we are seeing more delays with the older code running on the x.x.156.x server farm, we are going to be turning off equity options to that farm today. If you need equity options (which you do, Greg7788), please contact customer support at 800-779-7299, on our website via RT Chat or via email. They will give you instructions on modifying your host file to force a connection to the new servers on the x.x.148.x server farm which will still have options data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 6:05 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003