Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »IQConnect crash
Author Topic: IQConnect crash (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

fschroer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 11:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
I'm consistently crashing IQConnect. This occurs after successful initialization for TCP/IP, enabling streaming news, and several headlines successfully received. My code also sends NNT messages and successfully receives news stories - one for each streaming headline, up to 200 or more before IQConnect crashes. Some initial screen captures are attached.

File Attached: IQConnect Crash.zip (downloaded 1317 times)

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 08:30 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello fschroer, Can you give me a bit more information about how your program operates? From your post, I assume the following:

1) you have a socket connection to the Level 1 port as well as the lookup port.
2) You have streaming news turned on the level 1 port and with each headline that comes in, you make a NNT request for the story on the lookup port.

Is there anything else going on? Any other lookup requests/streaming data? If so, are they on separate socket connections? Is your app multithreaded? If so, what is being executed on which threads? What language is your app written in?

Can you email a copy of your app to developer support so that I can attempt to duplicate this internally?

fschroer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 12:44 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Your assumptions are correct. I've sent a copy of my VS 2008 project (C#) to developer support, removing as much non-relevant code as possible, while still producing the error.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 10:29 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Interesting. I did not receive an email from you. Perhaps you sent it to the wrong address or it got stopped by our corporate spam filter. I have emailed you with more information.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Aug 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 7:29 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003