Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »HTT Error when requesting option data
Author Topic: HTT Error when requesting option data (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

DavidG
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 10:42 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hi,

When I make this request:
"HTT,SY1017S70,20100623 000001,20100623 235959,0,093000,160000,1,SY1017S70,5000 "

I get this error message:
"SY1017S70,E,Invalid symbol.,"

Thats odd. It is a proper symbol name, and is listed in the mktsymbols_v2.zip file as follows:
SY1017S70 SY JUL 2010 P 70.000 OPRA OPRA IEOPTION

Also, I note that HTT sometimes returns "E,!NO_DATA!" for valid symbols when there were no ticks for the day requested (for example, same as above using symbol GILD1017S38). Why return an error message in this case?

Thanks,
David.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 08:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
David, the history servers will return an Invalid symbol message for valid symbols if there is no data available in the system for that symbol.

It will return the NO_DATA message if there is data available but none that meet the criteria for your request.

In the first case, since your system already knows that it is a valid symbol, you can treat this exactly the same as the second case (although you also know that no other requests for that symbol are going to return data either).

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003