Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »IQFeed.exe
Author Topic: IQFeed.exe (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

orderflow
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 06:10 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
I created a simple application. C# form which has one button and a Mouseover event handler.

When the button is clicked I called the following:
RegisterClientApp(Handle.ToInt32(), "Product ID given to me by you", "0.11111111", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Version.ToString());

And the mouseevent handler always get X = 1 and Y = 0, which says it is working offline. Yes indeed it didn't give me anything to enter my login and password.

Same code I ran from the example Level1COM and it gives me dialog to enter my login and password. Not sure what magic is there in examples.

Now, I also tried to execute the IQconnect.exe from command line, well my understanding from the help at https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/InitializingTheFeed.cfm is that it should give you login dialog to connect to the feed but it doesn't.

In both the cases, from c# and from command line I see the DTN icon in the taskbar. When I click on it to see the connection manager, it has nothing populated in it as shown in the attached file.

I am new to DTN but have been using zenfire, esignal, TT FIX and other data feeds and feels that I am missing something here as it cannot be that complicated.

-Nitin

File Attached: DTN Connection Manager.png (downloaded 1265 times)

orderflow
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 06:34 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
Solved the problem. My constructor was creating problem. It has the following line which caused the problem.
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("IQConnect.exe");

I guess this post can be closed.

Time: Fri September 20, 2024 5:15 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003