Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Interperting Bid/Ask updates using Field 18 (Last Trade Time) of the update message
Author Topic: Interperting Bid/Ask updates using Field 18 (Last Trade Time) of the update message (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Trender
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 08:04 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
I am a bit confused about how to use this field and would appreciate your response:

Just to make sure I understand, when a trade occur and I want to check whether it took place below or at the Bid or above or at the Ask, I will compare it to the Bid and Ask that are sent
in the update message.
I do not have to maintain a variable with the last Bid and Ask values.

I don't understand how to treat "o" updates.
The documentation says: "o" - Some other type of update occurred.
I have tracked the ES and noticed I got some updates with "o".
Sometimes the ask or bid and even the last price changed.
Should it be treated as a trade?

Edited by Trender on Jan 1, 2012 at 03:55 PM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 3, 2012 09:07 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
It is possible that an 'o' message will contain information about non-last-qualifying trades (incremental volume and total volume updates). However, you should never see an update to the bid, bid size, ask, ask size, last, or extended trading last fields in an 'o' message. Any changes to those fields should be handled by the 't', 'T', 'b', or 'a' update messaages.

If your results are not agreeing with the above, please give me an example of the datta you received from the feed and I'll be happy to look into it.

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 3:24 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003