Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Zero values
Author Topic: Zero values (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mmaher
-Interested User-

Posted: May 3, 2005 11:01 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I am new to IQFeed. I do most of my accessing data after the close. I don't understand why I often get a set of zero values when I enter a new symbol, particularly an option symbol, as I had thought that the end of day's values would persist. Perhaps this is just the way a real time feed works, in which case it gives me a problem. For example I just entered GM IE, and every value is either zero or N/A. The time is 12 midnight ET.

Michael Maher

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 4, 2005 08:13 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
What fields are you getting NA or zeros for? We do reset certain values to prepare for the next day, but values such as bid, ask, last, are still there. Open, High, and Low would be cleared. Usually this doesn't occur until around 3 am, so at 12 you shouldn't have had an issue.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

mmaher
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2005 03:10 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thanks for your reply.

The fields were all of the ones that are available in the Excel DDE Example. Specifically, and for GM IE :

Quote Items 1 Quote Items 2 Fundamental Data 1 Fundamental Data 2
Avg Mat 0 Mkt Center CBOE Exchange OPRA Split1 Ratio 0
Regional Vol 0 Restricted LT Debt 0 Split1 Date N/A
Tot Assets 0 T Time 0.688194444 Shares Out 0 Split2 Ratio 0
Volume 508 Type b Avg Vol 0 Split2 Date N/A
Tick Vol 3 Trade Date 38447 52wk High 14 Div Pay Date N/A
B Size 102 Exp Date 09/17/05 52wk Low 2.8 Ex Div N/A
A Size 81 ChgFrmOpn 1.6 Cal High 0 Bal Date N/A
Open Int 5767 Days to Exp 135 Cal Low 0 Hist Vol 0
Delay 20 min Prev Vol 757 Div Yield 0 Security Type 2
7day Yield 0 Div Amt 0 Listed Market 14
ET Last 7.6 Div Rate 0 52wk High Date 38566
ET Change 3.5 EPS 0 52wk Low Date 04/19/05
ET Diff 0 Next Year EPS 0 Cal High Date N/A
Last 7.6 5yr Growth % 0 Cal Low Date N/A
Change 3.5 % Held 0
% Chg 0.853659 Beta 0
High 7.9 Assets 0
Low 5.6 Liabilities 0
Bid 7.4 P/E 0
Ask 7.8 Split2 Ratio 0
Range 2.3 Fisc Yr End
Open 6 Name GM SEP 2005 C 25.0
Close 4.1 Option Symbols
Spread 0.4 Leap Symbols
Strike 25 SIC 0
Settle 0
Tick Trend
Bid Tick
Symbol GM IE
NAV

Of course they all have values now, but yesterday, at the time mentioned, they were all zero or N/A. This was not the case with other symbols, only the GM IE, which was new to my portfolio.

I use XLQ to input to Excel, and when it showed the zero values, I went to the sample DDE spreadsheet to try to extract the data directly to see if it was an XLQ or IQFeed problem. When the DDE sheet gave zeros, I assumed it was an IQFeed Issue.

Michael Maher

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 4, 2005 03:20 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Michael,

I will try to remember to check this tonight and see if I can duplicate the issue. I don't know if this would have been related to our system problems yesterday or not. Of course when I check, it was there, but that was about 8am this morning. All data should never be zero for something like this contract that is fairly active. The only data that gets cleared are fields in preparation for the next trading day.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

mmaher
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2005 03:25 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
If there was a system problem, then that may explain it. Why don't I monitor it some more to save you staying up all night! Here in Sydney Australia its easier for me to see what is going on at these times. If it happens again, I will add a post.

Michael Maher

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 5:01 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003