Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »WAL Earnings.
Author Topic: WAL Earnings. (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 01:39 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Why didn't FLY mark the WAL news item at 17:24:45 on 2018-10-18 with the symbol 'BZEarnings'?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 02:28 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Craig, the BZEarnings symbol/flag is for the Benzinga Pro news feed only. This is similar to the symbol/flag EARN.MN which would come through from MT Global Newswires (Live Briefs Pro Global News). Each news source has their own tagging schemes. In the case of flyonthewall.com (FLY), we aren't processing categories that would allow us to tag it for use in the filters. Please reach out to sales and they can setup a trial of Live Briefs Pro Global News to see if that helps identify more earnings stories. You can then create a new filter/alert that includes both BZEarnings and EARN.MN.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 02:44 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
So the Benzinga Pro stuff is marked "BEN" in the historical news, but this will not come in real-time?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 02:51 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
Benzinga Pro sourced stories (BEN) will come through in real time also as they are part of the IQFeed basic service.

Jay Froscheiser

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 03:02 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
I'm slightly confused. If I look at other symbols reporting after close on the 18th, they are all marked with 'BZEarnings', e.g. FFBC, PVBC, SHBI, ENFC etc etc. But not WAL.

Are you saying on a FLY subscription, some will be marked and others not?
Edited by Craig on Oct 19, 2018 at 03:15 PM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 03:29 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Some sources are part of our basic/core service, while others are premiums. In any case, each sources is received independently with their own tagging that we process. In the case of Benzinga Pro and Live Briefs Pro Global Newswires, we receive categories that we process to allow our news application to display within alerts/filters. Flyonthewall.com doesn't have these categories being processed and thus there is no way for our news application to categorize them as Earnings stories.

At the same time, each source may or may not carry a story on a particular company (the reason we carry a multitude of sources to give the most comprehensive feed).

In the case of the earnings coverage for WAL, there were 5 stories processed yesterday that were tagged with the symbol WAL. The first was the early morning Earnings schedule from Benzinga Pro, then it appears that flyonthewall led the way by reporting the earnings first, followed by Businesswire, Live Briefs Pro and RTT news.

It doesn't appear Benzinga Pro sent a story reporting the earnings for WAL. This would be the reason you aren't seeing any WAL earnings reports tagged as BZEarnings.

Let us know if this doesn't help clarify.

Jay Froscheiser

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 03:41 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
So Benzinga Pro didn't report, so it wouldn't have helped being subscribed to that service.
Isn't that a worry?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 03:57 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
Benzinga Pro is a service in which we absorb the costs for our customers, so it isn't something you subscribe to. I can't address the reason why they wouldn't have reported on WAL earnings, but this is why we provide multiple sources (in our Core service as well as through premiums). While no single source has 100% coverage of all market news, with our aggregation the overall news feed we provide is quite comprehensive.

Jay Froscheiser

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 3:21 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003