Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Windows 2000 problems?
Author Topic: Windows 2000 problems? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

labragg1
-Interested User-

Posted: May 12, 2005 04:42 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
Anyone else besides me having problems running DTNiq on Windows 2000-based systems. When I try to log in it just errors out. It has IE 6 SP1 and the latest SP4 for Windows 2000 installed. I have no problems logging in on Windows XP-based system that have IE6 SP2.
Any suggestions or work-arounds?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 12, 2005 04:49 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
I run DTN.IQ on a Win2k server periodically without issue. I would guess it is more of a system/firewall issue as opposed to the operating system itself. Can you provide some details regarding the exact messages you are getting while trying to login on the Win2k machine?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

labragg1
-Interested User-

Posted: May 13, 2005 08:11 AM          Msg. 3 of 7
Both the Win2k and WinXP system are plugged in to the same exact network with the same identical firewall settings. The only major difference that I can see is that the win2k system is IE 6 sp1 and the winxp system is IE 6 sp2. Also it is Windows 2000 PRO, not Server like your system. Not sure if that makes a difference.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: May 13, 2005 08:15 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
Again, can you provide the exact error messages you receive? Win2k Pro won't be an issue, neither will IE. DTN.IQ doesn't require IE to operate and thus the version of IE won't have any effect on its operation. As for the network, I understand that each machine connects to the same firewall. However, each machine also has software based firewalls or TCP/IP filtering capabilities. They are pretty crude in Win2k, so I doubt it is an issue, but thought I would mention it. Also, we have had users who used to have software based firewalls such as ZoneAlarm which, even after uninstalling, left a corrupt Winsock that caused IQ to not work. Again, the exact error messages you receive may help identify a place to look.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

labragg1
-Interested User-

Posted: May 13, 2005 08:38 AM          Msg. 5 of 7
Here is the exact error.

IQ encountered the following error while connected to: 5020
Error #10061: Connection refused.

The weird thing is that I tried the software on another Windows 2000 system configured with the same identical service packs, etc, and it works fine.
What am I missing???

labragg1
-Interested User-

Posted: May 13, 2005 09:58 AM          Msg. 6 of 7
Nevermind. I figured it out. All is well now.
Thanks anyway.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: May 13, 2005 02:55 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
would you mind posting what the issue was so we will be able to better help users in the future that may experience the same problem?

Thank you, and I am glad things are working now for you!

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 8:08 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003