Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »receiving "!NONE!" for minutebar history for many top NASDAQ symbols
Author Topic: receiving "!NONE!" for minutebar history for many top NASDAQ symbols (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 1, 2005 07:43 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
Using the new beta DLL. TCP/IP history requests for yesterday's minutebars. Done this morning around 0730h for top 900 naz symbols. Roughly 1/3 returned "!NONE!"+blankline+"!ENDMSG!".

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 2, 2005 07:51 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
Today, there were no "!NONE!" results to my history requests. I tried both old and new connectors.

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 7, 2005 12:54 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
This evening, around 9:30 PST, history requests for top 900 Nasdaq symbols returned 450 as !NONE!.

I used the new beta connector.

Is there something significant about the time of day that affects this? Each request was asking for 2 days of 1 minutebar data to ensure getting today's tradng data.

I reran the job 1 hour later and things worked fine.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jun 7, 2005 09:56 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
How many days of minute data did you request when you saw the problem? The !NONE! message is sent when history data was not received. Thanks!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jun 7, 2005 10:10 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
Sorry, I see that you are requesting 2 days of data. How long does your process take to run? Thanks!

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 7, 2005 12:38 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
I usually ignore it while it is running, so the execution time is a guess. About 30 - 40 min.

Here's a zip file of the request commands and responses. The "CTL,.." stuff is my own control info. 64.69.78.24\tmp\h050606a.zip

Thanks for looking at this.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jun 7, 2005 04:49 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Can you email the zip file to developer support? Thanks for your patience!

Natalie

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 9, 2005 12:49 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
Today, at 0830pm - 0900pm PST, a minutebar history pull worked fine. It was asking for one day and got today's data (050608).

At 0930pm PST I reran the job, asking for 2 days of data and most of the symbols failed with a !NONE!. I got the same results manually from the C++ History Socket demo. I.e, asking for 2 days got nothing, but asking for 3 days got 050607 only, missing the 050608 for what is by now yesterday and of course none for 050609 which hasn't happened yet.

At 1045pm PST I reran the job again and it worked fine. It asks for 2 days and gets 050608 as expected.

So, all this looks like interference from some end-of-day processing. If you know what times to avoid, I'll follow your lead. Otherwise, trial and error will rule.

###

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 8:29 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003