Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Unable to connect to IQfeed
Author Topic: Unable to connect to IQfeed (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 06:38 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Experiencing connection problems. Connection manager seems to be bouncing between servers and status switches from Connected to Not Connected. Are the servers down for some kind of maintanence?

Tradinoncoffee

Bill Atkinson
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 07:09 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
I am following the FOREX market and I have been trying to connect to DTN.IQ since 5:20 PM EDT.

I am using the IQConnection Manager for real time quotes.

I have sent an email to support@iqfeed.net with no responce as of 8:00 PM EDT.

This is no way to run a production service.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 08:43 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
We are looking into the issue and I will post more when we have some information on what is causing the problem.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 08:51 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
for the past 5 minutes, I have been able to connect without issue. It looks like the problem has been resolved. I will be looking into the cause and will communicate here when we know more.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 09:04 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
The issue was tracked to an individual who's software was making an unreasonably large number of connections to our server. Because of a bug in our load balancing system, the server that user was connected to was showing as the least loaded and thus all new connections were attempting to login to that server as well. We have blacklisted that user and the problem should no occur again. We have had a new version of the load balancer in test for weeks and hope to get it released soon

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 8:09 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003