Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »backfill tick by tick
Author Topic: backfill tick by tick (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

grady
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 05:40 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
Noticed a previous post and gotta say I cant get tick by tick backfill to work either with quotetracker. Ive done everything short of standing on my head. Works first time or so after that its a no go.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 06:04 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Grady,

have you contacted QuoteTracker for their custom config which provides tick by tick backfill? It isn't in the basic installation and you need to request it specifically from them. In addition, make sure you are running the latest version 4 of IQFeed from our website. Shut down both IQFeed and QuoteTracker, then download and install the IQFeed from our website at www.iqfeed.net. If it continues to be a problem, I am sure Jerry at QuoteTracker will want to see a log from QT to try to figure out what is going on.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

grady
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 06:41 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
hee did all that. what I did notice is that obviously there is data being sent because I just tried to backfill tick by tick on dell and the freakin number on the bandwidth indicator located on qt gets HUGE which says to me the data is being sent.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 06:52 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
When you say that it works once then not again.. is it a case where you try more than 1 symbol, the first symbol works, but nothing after that? When you try to backfill tick data, do you clear the data first for the symbols? Just trying to narrow down what is going on. But, if you are working with Jerry, and sending the log files, I am sure he will be able to track it down pretty quickly.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

grady
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 07:07 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
ok this is what just worked I had it set for today only which is under timing within qt settings. I set it to 2 days and it filled both yesterday and today. If set for 1 day blank chart

grady
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 07:19 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Its just a glitch that Im sure can be worked out. Not an iqfeed issue at all as far as I can tell. Besides, IQfeed and quotetracker beats the dog doo out of esig. I discontinued esig about 3 yrs ago after having java problems and every time I clicked on live support in esig the program crashed, and I understand things happen. BUT after trying to get esig straightened out for 3 days and to have them tell me to double click on live support within the program for help that was more than my brain could handle after telling them for 3 days that clicking on live support was causing esig to crash.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 08:30 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
This is great to hear Grady. We do our best to make sure if there is ever an issue with a customer, our tech support people are all over it.

Spread the word about IQFeed and DTN!

We continue to enhance our offering and strive to provide services that are a better overall value than anyone else.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Edited by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on Apr 17, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Time: Sun April 28, 2024 12:53 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003