Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Unable to connect - Easter Sunday - Quotes
Author Topic: Unable to connect - Easter Sunday - Quotes (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

matthewklein
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 09:42 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
My software is able to connect to retrieve historical data, but cannot connect to quote servers:

SERVER STATUS = DISCONNECTED.

I wanted to post here to alert someone at IQFeed.

Is this a planned outage? If so, it would be really great if you could announce it somewhere so that your customers don't spend a couple hours diagnosing the problem, pulling their hair out, etc.

If this is an unplanned outage, can you please investigate? I know it's Easter, but instruments start trading tonight in the overnight sessions, and I want to make sure everything will work.

Thanks

Matthew Klein

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:26 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hi Matthew,

I also started getting the disconnections around 10 PM Eastern Time on Saturday (April 15). I haven't been able to resolve it as of yet on my end and haven't changed anything on my end.

Background Info
I was hoping it would be working better this morning, but it isn't. I'm using the TCP/IP connection and receive the proper S,KEYOK<LF> response after connecting but after about 30 seconds, I get a disconnection and then the system reconnects. Historical requests seem to normally go through fine, but they sometimes get aborted as well.

So . . . it looks like something has changed on the IQFeed side of things.

-Eric

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:32 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Our ops group is looking into this and it should be resolved shortly.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Edited by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on Apr 16, 2006 at 10:32 AM

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
WOW Jay, I didn't expect you guys to work on this today! Let's hope the resolution is quick and easy so you can get back to enjoying your weekend.

-Eric

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 11:25 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
I've been connected for 12 minutes without a disconnect so far, so whatever you are doing is helping.

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 12:06 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
I've been connected for over an hour without a disconnect, so from my viewpoint, the problem has been solved.

Thanks Jay et al!

-Eric

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 8:38 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003